FTX Global installation problem

I installed P3D v4.2 on a newly-bought Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, set as Drive G solely for the 64-bit flight simulator. I launched the program and found it ran well. After that, I successfully installed the latest Orbx scenery library on Central 3. At that point, everything still worked smoothly.

However, after installing FTX Global, a crash dump occurred soon after the scenery was activated. When the system restarted, I launched P3D to check whether it had been affected by the crash dump. It was opened successfully, but as I launched the default scenery, the loading of the terrain got stuck at 25% with the background turning white, as against the normal background in black even if it was waiting to load the chosen scenery. When I clicked on the frozen progress box, an error message popped up, saying that the programme did not work properly and would stop operating. I tried ran the delete generated files program and I restarted the programme but the same problem persisted. 

I fully uninstalled the whole simulator, including manually deleting the remaining folders and, after re-creating the whole SSD partition, I did a complete reinstallation of the simulator, as well as Orbx scenery library and FTX Global. But crash dump happened again exactly after FTX Global was activated. Once again, the loading of terrain failed when reaching 25%.

I did not encountered this problem when I was using P3D v4.1 on my old SSD. 

Please advise on the solution.

19 hours ago, Siu Tong Ho said:

I tried ran the delete generated files program and I restarted the programme but the same problem persisted

Hello Siu Tong HO

After you ran the "Delete generated files" command did Prepar3D launch and work ok ?  Does the Issue only happen when you launch the FTX Central control panel ? 

Can you check and confirm these.....

1) Disable the Windows UAC  (User Account Control)  Type UAC in your windows search bar.  Drag to Never Notify and Click Ok,  Then restart your computer

2) Temporarily Disable Or add an Exclusion to the FTX Central control panel and Prepar3D in your Antivirus Software.

3) If your using Windows Defender as your Antivirus Software please ensure you Turn off the option   "Controlled Folder access" 

Now launch the FTX Central control panel and test 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are still having problems please reinstall FTX Central,  This will not effect your Orbx scenery 

After you complete this launch FTX Central and test 

Last note:

If FTX Central is still crashing please ensure you have .NET Framework version  2, 3 and 4 Installed Click Here and a file will automatically download,  Run this file and verify what version of .NET framework you have Installed. 

Let us know how you get on 

On 4/25/2018 at 5:21 PM, Elaine Dixon said:

Hello Siu Tong HO

After you ran the "Delete generated files" command did Prepar3D launch and work ok ?  Does the Issue only happen when you launch the FTX Central control panel ? 

Can you check and confirm these.....

1) Disable the Windows UAC  (User Account Control)  Type UAC in your windows search bar.  Drag to Never Notify and Click Ok,  Then restart your computer

2) Temporarily Disable Or add an Exclusion to the FTX Central control panel and Prepar3D in your Antivirus Software.

3) If your using Windows Defender as your Antivirus Software please ensure you Turn off the option   "Controlled Folder access" 

Now launch the FTX Central control panel and test 

If you are still having problems please reinstall FTX Central,  This will not effect your Orbx scenery 

After you complete this launch FTX Central and test 

Last note:

If FTX Central is still crashing please ensure you have .NET Framework version  2, 3 and 4 Installed Click Here and a file will automatically download,  Run this file and verify what version of .NET framework you have Installed. 

Let us know how you get on 

I've tried every way as suggested, including re-installation of Central 3 and running the repair function of my .NET Framework v.4.7.1, but the problem persisted.

Archived