Orbx Libraries Dialogue Box - Uninstall

Dane

I recently had to uninstall my P3D v4.2 and reinstall - all went well with all my addons except Orbx FTX products.

Now this could have been my fault - not sure - as I did not first uninstall all of the FTX products, as listed in my signature below, before the P3D uninstall.

However after the P3D was all up and running with all my addon aircraft and scenery files I then had to uninstall all of my FTX and that is where I noticed only the Orbx Libraries did not give me an opportunity to uninstall or re-install as all the buttons are greyed out - see attached printscreens - so my questions are - why is that and what should I have done and what should I do?

Edit - 

Sorry but one more two part question: Does it matter which order you install the FTX Global Range products? Or does FTX install the various products in the correct order?

Regards,

Dane

FTX Global Range.JPG

Orbx Libraries.JPG

Hello,

I think you may have created a lot of extra work for yourself.

I made a guide for someone in your position, it is here.

It contains the answer to your question about the libraries.

The logical installation order is Global products first, Regions next and finally airports.

It does not matter if you don't follow this exactly.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I think you may have created a lot of extra work for yourself.

I made a guide for someone in your position, it is here.

It contains the answer to your question about the libraries.

The logical installation order is Global products first, Regions next and finally airports.

It does not matter if you don't follow this exactly.

Once again Nick - thank you.

Where I went wrong I guess was I did not first backup from my ORBX folderscenery\World\scenery, Sound and Effects folders, so I caused way too much work on my part as I ended up making sure all of ORBX products were uninstalled and then I started all over again to download and reinstall and let it run overnight - I honestly cannot be sure that I first downloaded and installed FTX Global Base:huh:

What I have ended up with after the automatic ORBX download and install is what you see on this printscreen. I noticed that ORBX!VECTOR is third from the end.

I have noticed that my textures of some scenery aitports have a lot of large black terrain which was not there before I had to re-install P3D and I also notice that one of the default airports KSEA (Seattle) is sunken and taxi signs are all floating - by the way I have the exact same settings as before. If I need to uninstall some ORBX products and start over I certainly can do that.

Please let me know what you think.

Regards,

Dane.

Scenery Library.JPG

Hello,

I think that you will need to reinstall the Open LC products.

You can do this using the same method as the libraries and

FTX Central will just replace any missing files.

Once you have done that, run the "Force Migration".

Things should improve.

Your Vector entry is in the right place.

22 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I think that you will need to reinstall the Open LC products.

You can do this using the same method as the libraries and

FTX Central will just replace any missing files.

Once you have done that, run the "Force Migration".

Things should improve.

Your Vector entry is in the right place.

Well Nick I did everything you have suggested and I certainly have everything installed OK and also ran the Force Migration.

However I still am left with two problems - which I am wondering is something to do with P3D v4.2. I still have one of my well used airports KSEA with an elevation problem and Nepal Lukla and Phaplu with large areas of black terrain.

I uninstalled and reinstalled (all of the various ORBX products I have) one at a time and tested and I have narrowed the KSEA airport problem down to NA Pacific Northwest.  So my question for this problem is - is there a tool or method to be able to fix/flatten out an airport? Or can ORBX fix this issue?

Regarding the other problem with the terrain blackness - maybe this is to do with the Aerosoft Scenery itself not being compatible with P3D v4.2.

Neither of these problems were seen in my previous P3D v4.1.

See printscreens...

Regards,

Dane

KSEA with PNW.JPG

KSEA - No PNW.JPG

Aerosoft Nepal Phaplu Airport.JPG

Hello Dane.

For KSEA, if you install PNW, you also need to disable Vector AEC for KSEA or it does indeed look like yours.

The reason is that PNW contains a replacement KSEA, the default is not affected by Vector.

I think you may have to ask Aerosoft about your Nepalese airports.

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Dane.

For KSEA, if you install PNW, you also need to disable Vector AEC for KSEA or it does indeed look like yours.

The reason is that PNW contains a replacement KSEA, the default is not affected by Vector.

I think you may have to ask Aerosoft about your Nepalese airports.

THANK YOU NICK, I won't trouble you anymore (at least with this).

Due to my foolish oversight I had forgotten to Run Auto Config in the AEC - once I did that all was OK along with what looks like a number of other airports.

Regards,

Dane.

PS - I did file a ticket with Aerosoft regarding the terrain texture problems with Lukla and Phaplu airports.

Archived