Orbx Base causing CTD Terrain.dll

I’m having a P3D v4 CTD with Event Viewer showing a Terrain.dll issue.

the problem always occurs at the same place at the coat of Scotland, just past waypoint BLACA. Every single time.

Before the CTD the are major stutters for 10 seconds and then the CTD. Has anyone seen this before?

I have tested over and over and when Orbx base Europe is unchecked from the library the crash doesn’t happen. 

I am posting this again as my previous support request went completely ignored on this forum. Orbx - what’s going on with this?

Any help appreciated.

Paul

Hi Paul

You could first uninstall and reinstall the product, and if that doesn't work.

Go to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\P3Dv4 and delete that entire P3Dv4 folder, then restart P3Dv4 and it will build a new default folder, then shut down your sim, then open FTXC3 and let it activate for a few moments, then close it and restart your sim and all should be good. This will require you to reinstall any non Orbx 3rd party scenery tho after, but I would try it without any other addons first anyway.

Cheers

Doug

1 hour ago, AlphaTech said:

Orbx base Europe

Hello Paul

Are you referring to Orbx Global Base ? 

What other Add On's do you have Installed ?  (Non Orbx) 

Have you manually Overclocked either your CPU or GPU ? 

-----------------------------------------------------

A Terrainl.dll crash can possibly be caused by either high settings,  tweaks  or a muddled up Prepar3D.cfg file

Try this then launch Prepar3D and test..

Delete the Shaders folder and the Prepar3D.cfg file and let Prepar3D generate these again when launched next.

This will not effect your Add On's,  You will just need to adjust your graphic \ scenery settings again to your prefrence via Prepar3D > Options when you delete the Prepar3D.cfg file.  The Shaders will take a minute or two to generate again. 

Copy the 2 set's of Tex below and Paste them into your windows search bar, One by One and click on the result,  this will bring you directly to the correct locations

Right click and Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Right click and Delete the Shaders folder 

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

When you have completed this launch Prepar3D and use Default only Graphic and Scenery settings and test the same route again (Coast of Scotland)

• 2 months later...

Elaine

this problem has reoccurred. please see my new post on this forum. I need a response from Orbx on this...it is most definitely caused by Orbx but no one seems to be able to tell me what could possibly be causing it.

Paul

Archived