Dell Windows 7 on PC Allowed?

drumsonly2002

Got Windows 7 (good for 5 computers) for the Dell laptop, but good for 5 computers. So 4 computers allowed. Will this work on my new to be built PC, or should I get buy Windows 7 for the PC? Have 2 copies of Windows (2 PC's came with new Windows XP). So, apparently do an upgrade to Win 7 for $85.00 from Wall Mart apparently.

I was told from the guy in the video store who works on his own computer, claiming to know a lot about this, the Windows for Dell only works on Dell laptops. Thus, no good for PC due to the Dell Windows drivers / hardware make just for the Dell. Though I have 4 more kicks at the cat install wise, would this Dell / Win 7 be the same as the PC Windows Wallmart upgrade? I just got 2 SSD's and putting them in my computer until I get the new unit this spring. So... I do not want to put a Win 7 in a PC ment for a Laptop. Since i am not computer savvy, what do you think? Thank you.

Did research and it is ment for the laptop only, not for any thing else. Going to get the Windows 7 64 bit for PC and do it right. That version of windows is for Dell laptop only.  I try to save a few $$ but not if it is illegal, immoral or shady. Better to spend the money and do it right. I do not like dirt  or questionable stuff in my computers. Was hoping to be able to use it, but not if it is against terms of use.

Archived