Texture -Black Waves along shoreline

Wag

Hi FTX Gang,

After installing FTX AU BLUE Demo, started having Black Rectangular Blocks dashing up against the shoreline instead of the normal FS9 wave action.  Also, the boat wave action is black instead of the normal white wake. When I, through FTX Central. went back to FS9 and the problem was there also, not having been there before the FTX was installed.  Have been through the FTX Forums, without finding an answer for my problem.

Thanks, Wag

Hi again,

This is something I have not heard of yet

I assume you have SP1 and SP2 installed or FSX? and the latest DirectX updates? and in Vista you had UAC (user access control) turned OFF when you installed?

To help us further resolve this, could you please post a screenshot of the issue and your system specifications

Cheers

Tim

Ho Tim,

Have installed FSX Acceleration Pack which has all that is in FSX SvcPk 2.  Have latest Direct X.  You mentioned having UAC turned off when installing (WHAT???)  The above, or ATX AU BLUE demo?

As to a Screenshot depicting the problem, I do not have ability to take a screenshot.  Do you have any recom- mendation on what software I might look into to be able to do this?

Tally Ho

Wag

Hi,

Try this: Turn UAC off, reboot computer, then set FTXcentral to "default", and then right-click the FTX_Demo file and "run as admin" to re-install the FTX Demo again,

if you still have a problem after this then there must be something else wrong

As for posting a screenshot, while in FSX press the "V" key, the picture is then saved to your "My pictures\Flight Simulator X Files" folder, save the picture as a JPEG with MSpaint, then use the "Add image to post" option when posting

A good guide to turning off UAC is here if needed: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/

Cheers

Tim

Oky Doky Tim,

See if I can get this done right this time.  Intended on giving you the following in my last:  I am running Windows Vista Ultimate with "Intel ® Core 2 Extreme, CPU Q9300 @ 2 x 253 GHz, 4 GB Ram, 64 bit Opr Sys".

Now did the reload as suggested with UAC disabled.  Nothing changed.

Hope the screenshots come thru alright, will show the black rectangles in the shore shot out from Hobart, and the 2nd has the black boat wage in it as we are on Hobart final.

Hope this helps explain my problem.

Thanks, Wag

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hello again Wag,

I have managed to recreate the problem you are having, somehow you are missing a few default FSX effect.bmp's

but I don't think it is due to the FTX_demo, as your the first person to have this issue that I know of.

Download and unzip the package below and drop the files into your Microsoft flight simulator\Effects\texture folder, overwriting the existing ones (if there are any)

Cheers

Tim

Hi Again Tim,

The texture bmp's for the effects file did the trick. Many thanks mate.  Please take a look at the screenshots and let me know if the black smoke with visable squares coming off the wheels along with the normal loose ground clutter/flecks.  The other two shots shows the black smoke (really heavy at times) with visable squares on engine startup.  Am I missing additional texture bmp's that will get rid off these squares?  I never had these black squares before installing FTX AU BLUE Demo and freeware airports.

In addition, when I tested a start up and taxi I got the above mentioned conditions, plus (which I never before) when I taxied the plane started vibrating and jumping up and moving forward. It would not come down to ground again by itself.  Had to Pause then Restart.  It took 3 times restarting before I was able to make a successful takeoff, the one I made the screenshot of. 

I thoght the other correction woul take care of this black square from the sheels as well as the crank up sq

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tim,

Not sure what happened with the post I was working on regarding the wheel roll black squares and the engine start up squares. Thought the bmp fix would tale care of this also, is the reason I had not mentioned it before.

The vibrating and jumping problem only happened at YLIL.  Tested all other airports, with no problem at these.

Wag

Hi Wag,

The Bmp's I gave you should only work for the wave and wake effects,

Your issue regarding the dust and smoke effects could be caused by installing and un-installing a freeware or payware aircraft

(sometimes they provide an "updated" effect, and then when you un-install it, it removes the "updated" effect, leaving you with nothing, its happened to me)

Have you recently installed or un-installed any aircraft at all?

If you go here: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=15689.msg136175#msg136175 Wolter has attached a complete default effects folder, just follow his instructions and you should be sorted

Cheers

Tim

Cheers and  Cutoes to you Tim, 

Your link to Wolter's link, and installing the needed bmp's did the trick.  And thanks to you Wolter for followup.

Now the problem I have left is with YLIL, Lilydale Airport.  1.  It does not show up in FTX Central's ORBX Control Panel when downloaded it twice.  It is there in the fs when start flight, and/or fly into that location.

2.  The download link for YLIL indicates that YCEM, Cold Stream Airport is included, nearby.  I can't find it on GPS and it does showup it fs airport locator.

3.  Originally, before going thru the texture bmp correction, I had no problem with with aircraft intalled at YLIL, but after the first correction, aircraft here would start hopping and moving around, always in the air and no telling where they would go or end up in the immediate area. There was no way to control the out of control aircraft. Wag

9\

Hi Wag

Good to hear your textures are now in order

2.  The download link for YLIL indicates that YCEM, Cold Stream Airport is included, nearby.  I can't find it on GPS and it does showup it fs airport locator.

Lilydale is undergoing a major overhaul at the moment: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=84.0

3.  Originally, before going thru the texture bmp correction, I had no problem with with aircraft intalled at YLIL, but after the first correction, aircraft here would start hopping and moving around, always in the air and no telling where they would go or end up in the immediate area. There was no way to control the out of control aircraft.

Are you using the free Holgermesh?, if not you can download it here: http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html

then set your mesh to 10m, and mesh complexity to 100%

Cheers

Tim

OK Tim,

Finally, all is well (should say, "running smooth").  Had originally installed Holdgermesh, however did have Mesh Resolution set too high.  Tested it without a hitch.  Amazing what that difference made.  Puzzled that only affected YLIL in front of and in the hanger/shop/tie down/service area.  Have had no problem at any of other airports. Great info on UAC setting.  Now know why problems with Capt Sim C-130.

You guys are top notch in being helpful and informative.  I'm now ready for FTX Orbx payware!  Thanks again!

Wag

• 3 years later...

Archived