Spitfire Sunrise - Hobart

Blitzer

Hello All,

I've just uploaded my first FSX video to YouTube, still at lower quality ATM because it's only just finished uploading.

Not perfect by any means but I'm viewing this as a early trial to see if it's something I'd like to do a more of. I'm aware of a few small graphic issues in the clip, but your comments are of course welcome...

Cool vid mate , You,ll get hooked on doing them Paul . (Though I just did two back to back, they are very time consuming ) Love the spitfire and what was the music ? was right for the clip .

I,ve never used Utube myself , but I,m sure that Vimeo is the place to post videos for the best quality.

cheers    Johnno

Cool vid mate , You,ll get hooked on doing them Paul . (Though I just did two back to back, they are very time consuming ) Love the spitfire and what was the music ? was right for the clip .

I,ve never used Utube myself , but I,m sure that Vimeo is the place to post videos for the best quality.

cheers    Johnno

Cheers Johnno.  :)

The track I used was called "Blue Ridge Mountain Mist", no other details than that other than I got it from www.freeplaymusic.com, both to avoid issues using it and because I wanted to use something unknown as such. I must admit it took me ages to find a track that I thought suited the clip, some came pretty close but it was not until I tried quite a few that I realised that it was necessary to mute the game sound when trying the music. Not because you could not hear the music, but because it made it easier to judge the suitabilty of the music to the visuals. I also wanted the game sound present so I settled for fading the game sounds in and out as various points - I think the end result works reasonably well in that respect.

As for the quality I'm not sure that's too much of an issue for me ATM, mainly because I've probably not found the best ways to get the best results in that respect, I'd also imagine that only using Miscrosoft Movie Maker is going to limit my options somewhat. ATM, I'm not really in the position to be spending money on dedicate software and have opted to keep things simple for now. FsRecorder, Ezdok (did not use that for this), Fraps (registered now and my only expense) and finally Movie Maker for editing. I have to say despite being a freebie from Microsoft that MM is not bad and has all the main editing functions albeit with limited options.

Very nice! And beautiful choice of music, too. Now imagine what you can do with EZdok. ;)

Yes mate, I need to experiment with EZdok somemore. I decided not to use it in this video purely to keep things simple and to make getting to a finished result a little quicker, this was intended to be a quick intro for myself into making video clips. A little miffed that the "fly-by" mode in FSX seemed to have stopped working when I wanted to use it during the FsRecorder playback and Fraps recording, I know I could have used EZdok instead, but as I said I was trying to keep things simple. Not sure if its working again now, but I think it started plying up after I removed the EZdok walk camera location from the game.  :-\

Strange. It never happened for me, even though I removed the camera quite a few times already (manually and automatically). Hm.. I wonder if FSX rebuilds the camera.cfg as well, when you delete (move it). At any rate, there should be a backup copy of the camera.cfg in the FSX main folder that you can copy to the folder where the fsx.cfg (and the camera.cfg in use) reside.

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked this out...enjoyed it.  Nice bit of flying ,ambience , weather and ......looking forward to some more Paul. Might have to check out this vid making thing myself sometime .      :)                    8)

Thanks for the kind comments.  ;D

I have a few idea for other videos so it is very likely you will see more from me in future. I'm currently waiting for a copy of Sony Vegas to arrive so I can hopefully improve the end result as I've started hitting the limitations of Movie Maker.  ;)

Archived