ORBX Free City Portland

Herbie

Hello,

The freeware Portland Cityscape only contains 3D city buildings and some photoreal with autogen, it does not alter or touch airports.

The issue is probably from installing a 3rd party AI program, if you have make sure its folder is below the FTX Regions (PNW, NRM etc)

1 hour ago, Tim Harris said:

Hello,

The freeware Portland Cityscape only contains 3D city buildings and some photoreal with autogen, it does not alter or touch airports.

The issue is probably from installing a 3rd party AI program, if you have make sure its folder is below the FTX Regions (PNW, NRM etc)

In the FSX-SE Location FSX folder ORBX folder, in there are just the PNW, Northern Rockies FX Central-FSXSE files. Notice: In my FSX Scenery  Library settings there are No ORBX entries, just the Bowerman KHOM free ORBX airport at the very top. Clipboard03.thumb.jpg.555e067efa647a89a62e001e262742c6.jpgAll is well at that Place. Herb

16 hours ago, Herbie said:

In the FSX-SE Location FSX folder ORBX folder, in there are just the PNW, Northern Rockies FX Central-FSXSE files. Notice: In my FSX Scenery  Library settings there are No ORBX entries, just the Bowerman KHOM free ORBX airport at the very top. Clipboard03.thumb.jpg.555e067efa647a89a62e001e262742c6.jpgAll is well at that Place. Herb

I did notice: Found in Scenery.cfg file entries like this; 

[Area.119]
Title=Edwards_AFB
Local=Scenery\Cities\Edwards_AFB
Layer=119
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

what is the meaning of Repuired=TRUE and FALSE.  Those entries are now mixed up true and false. Any Idea, need some help. Herb

Hi Herbie, 

I would suggest opening up FTX Central and confirming PNW and NRM are in fact both installed, and that you also have the Orbx Liberies installed

If the entries do not appear in your scenery.cfg after this there may be a Windows permissions issue

Active = TRUE [True means it is active] 

Required = TRUE [True means it is required and not to be switched off] 

Hello Tim! Thank you for the info. Central 3 all new install, My scenery show in there and are active. My FSX-SE scenery Configuration file show No ORBX scenery entries only Bowerman airfield. Is this normal?  How to fix it, if it is messed-up? Herb

I have No ORBX scenery entries in my Scenery Library. FTX Central 3 show no error and is working fine. Do I have to change anythings? Sceenshot is in Free add on location Herb

Problem Fixed: There are two folders in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft FSX and FSX-SE. ORBX installed Scenery is in FSX-SE but, FSX reed the other folder. I move to FSX-SE folder into FSX. That did the trick, Scenery Library show now all ORBX entries and the Portland Airport is fixed too. No more sunken scenery. Thanks for Tim post pointer. Herb

Archived