Cairns (YBCS) in the forest

farman

Hi, after a long time I decided to fly in Australia. Btu approaching Cairns, I couldn't see the airport; stop the simulation, I could see it completely submerged by the tree.

My add-ons are: FS Global 2018, the complete Australia region. Strangely, I didn't see in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder any single elevation correction in Australian airports.

Thanks for any help,

Fulvio

upnZ2Ak.jpg

Hi,

I just tried to reinstall the airport, since FS Global 2018 has been installed after the first Cairns installation. So, as usual, the issue might be caused by some elevation problem due to the new FS 2018 add-on.

Thanks,

Fulvio

Hi Fulvio,

actually, autogen "encroachment" on airports never has anything to do with terrain mesh files as those just determine the shape of the terrain. Rather. it's either an incorrect landclass file (e.g., forest instead of grass) or some file that excludes the default airport grass skirting polygon.

Unlike all other FTX Regions, Australia doesn't make adjustments to any default airports, thus the lack of airport related files in \Scenery\World\scenery or elsewhere in the AU folders. In other words, what you should bee seeing at Cairns is the default airport, with its default airport grass. Are you sure you don't have any third-party add-on installed that may alter Cairns? Also, is the issue limited to Cairns or do you also have autogen issues at other Australian airports?

Cheers, Holger

3 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Fulvio,

actually, autogen "encroachment" on airports never has anything to do with terrain mesh files as those just determine the shape of the terrain. Rather. it's either an incorrect landclass file (e.g., forest instead of grass) or some file that excludes the default airport grass skirting polygon.

Unlike all other FTX Regions, Australia doesn't make adjustments to any default airports, thus the lack of airport related files in \Scenery\World\scenery or elsewhere in the AU folders. In other words, what you should bee seeing at Cairns is the default airport, with its default airport grass. Are you sure you don't have any third-party add-on installed that may alter Cairns? Also, is the issue limited to Cairns or do you also have autogen issues at other Australian airports?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger, thanks for you quick answer. Well, I'll go on flying in Australia from now on - just for a change of continent! -; and as soon as I'll find some issue I'll report it right here. In Australia I put any add-ons like Adelaide, Sydney and the Ozzie ones, but they're all away from Cairns; and Cairns has been purchased by ORBX; so I don't know what might have happened. But now it all seems to work fine. It's not the first time -at least to me -, that a reinstall fix issues like that. 

regards,

Fulvio

Archived