In P3D v4.2 using

• FTX Central v3.2.5.5
  • All FTX Global and Lights
  • Orbx Libraries
  • Orbx Europe and some airports
  • Orbx NA and Yosemite
  • Orbx Oceania and some airports including NZQN
  • i7 6770 @ 4.5, P3D on m2, GTX1080, DDR4 @ 2133

I have an elevation problem at NZQN.  There is a default airport there which looks ok but when I install NZSI the elevation is wrong at NZQN even before I install Orbx NZQN. The other airports are fine.

I had a similar problem at EGJJ but UK2000 had a fix etc.  I spent all day yesterday looking at other posts and tried their suggestions but still same problem.  I even uninstalled fsaerodata and tried NZQN before NZSI.  The airport elevation file is there dated 2013 but also tried the file NZSI installs dated 2012.  Tried removing NZQZ bgl too, etc.

68wcBxP.jpg

9ZzOjjt.jpg

xn6qEh1.jpg

HHdgMt2.jpg

My4VlQU.jpg

Any suggestions not in previous posts...

Thanks, although you may have read this before, re-installing the airport after 

NZSI has been installed is the effective solution, if you are sure that there

cannot be any files left over from a previous version of the same airport.

Hi Nick

Will try again.  Is there any files placed anywhere that wouldn't be obvious to me.  Maybe I am missing one?

I use FTX Central to uninstall, restart pc and install again, yes?

Thanks for your help

Hi

Never had any 3rd party addons/mesh etc for NZ before except for AFCADS from ProjectAI days but I removed all NZ bgls before installing NZNI, NZSI and NZQN.

Just uninstalled, reinstalled and loaded up NZQN in a stock plane but still the same, sorry.  I have also tried flying in from another airport but same.

Make sure you have run AEC (Airport elevation correction). This is a tool located in FTX Central..... Settings......  'Configure FTX Global VECTOR'...... then select the AEC tab. Don't forget to apply the changes once the tool has finished. I have all the Global, NZSI and NZQN working fine.

Hi all

I have found my problem.

Looking at other posts again I found your copy of the default scenery.cfg.  I compared this to my copy of the original and was same but the scenery.cfg in programdata was missing the scenery\world entry and therefore not seeing new elevation details.

I let P3D rebuild my scenery.cfg twice and twice it did not add the world entry but did on the third try,  I then started FTX Central, it added its stuff and I checked the world entry was there, which it was, started P3D at NZQN and everything OK.

I do not know why the world entry was missing and not added when rebuilt.  But anyway all good now.

Thanks for all your help

Archived