[P3D 4.2] Orbx is installed but the scenery doesn't change.

Hello,

I have installed orbx about 10 times now. I have full reinstalled P3D v4 multiple times tyring to fix this issue. I upgraded to P3D v4 4.2 from 4.1 and then orbx broke. I tried reinstalling it and that didn't work. I tried reinstalling P3D v4 multiple times - cleaning out all my files, yet it still does not appear in my simulator. I see that the files have been added to the scenery libary, but yet it does not effect the sim. At this point I really don't know what to do.

I've been tyring to get it to work for the past 24 hours and it's just not having it. I will include some screenshots, of showing you it's installed but no effect is taking place in the sim. 

p.s I do know that this is not a P3D 4.2 bug as I've seen other videos of orbx working in P3D v4 4.2. I just don't understand why it's not working for me. If anyone has experienced the same problem as me then please do let me know how to fix this problem asap because I do want to get flying again. 

In this screenshot, you can see that I have orbx enabled.

ZkxLdf6.jpg

This screenshot, this is with 'orbx' enabled but without the box in the way:

JInchHX.jpg

In this one I disabled 'orbx' as you can see in my scenery libary: please note that I clicked ok before taking this picture so it is fully disabled.

NO8E7mz.jpg

In this screenshot with 'orbx' is disabled but without the box in the way

4GjRmEc.jpg

As you cans see by the pictures above, you can see absolutely no difference with orbx enabled and disabled. I don't know why it's not working in game, hence the reason why I'm asking for help. I have used orbx products before and they have worked like a charm. I have installed it for fsx, p3d v3 all the versions. I have installed it for P3D v4 4.1 but since I upgraded it just seems it doens't want to work - as i stated above. Any help to fix this problem would be amazing.

Thank you

Kind regards,

GamingLxg

Hello,

I have installed orbx about 10 times now. I have full reinstalled P3D v4 multiple times tyring to fix this issue. I upgraded to P3D v4 4.2 from 4.1 and then orbx broke. I tried reinstalling it and that didn't work. I tried reinstalling P3D v4 multiple times - cleaning out all my files, yet it still does not appear in my simulator. I see that the files have been added to the scenery libary, but yet it does not effect the sim. At this point I really don't know what to do.

I've been tyring to get it to work for the past 24 hours and it's just not having it. I will include some screenshots, of showing you it's installed but no effect is taking place in the sim. 

p.s I do know that this is not a P3D 4.2 bug as I've seen other videos of orbx working in P3D v4 4.2. I just don't understand why it's not working for me. If anyone has experienced the same problem as me then please do let me know how to fix this problem asap because I do want to get flying again. 

In this screenshot, you can see that I have orbx enabled.

ZkxLdf6.jpg

This screenshot, this is with 'orbx' enabled but without the box in the way:

JInchHX.jpg

In this one I disabled 'orbx' as you can see in my scenery libary: please note that I clicked ok before taking this picture so it is fully disabled.

NO8E7mz.jpg

In this screenshot with 'orbx' is disabled but without the box in the way

4GjRmEc.jpg

As you cans see by the pictures above, you can see absolutely no difference with orbx enabled and disabled. I don't know why it's not working in game, hence the reason why I'm asking for help. I have used orbx products before and they have worked like a charm. I have installed it for fsx, p3d v3 all the versions. I have installed it for P3D v4 4.1 but since I upgraded it just seems it doens't want to work - as i stated above. Any help to fix this problem would be amazing.

Thank you

Kind regards,

GamingLxg

@Nick Cooper Yes, but the whole point is that even so orbx is installed, the textures are not coming up in P3D v4 4.2??? 

I do know what it's suppose to look like, I have previously installed orbx before but now with P3D v4 4.2  it's not working

So, what can i do to fix this?  

If you have installed FTX Global Base, the textures cannot but display

in the simulator, as they will have replaced the default textures.

If you updated all of P3D to version 4.2, the Global textures will have been

overwritten again by the default textures and FTX Global Base will have to be

fully installed again.

@Nick Cooper Yes, I have that as soon as you gave me the topic and they look no where near like that. You can also tell if orbx is working by looking at the trees because the trees change when you install global.. and they just aren't changing nor are the textures. I'm truely stuck and don't know what to do. I have reinstalled P3D.. cleared out orbx.. Reinstalled P3D.. then the orbx libaries, followed by ftx global, then ftx lights.. and it doesn't impact the sim. 

Also another thing to note is that.. everytime I have reinstalled it it says it build a new scenery database but nothing changes in the simulator. 

Thanks,

perhaps that wasn't the best choice I could have made.

Mine doesn't look quite the same with or without FTX Global.

Can you try this one please?

The time and date are 0900 hrs local, 1st February.

The location is EGCD Warton, Manchester UK.

LAT: N53' 20.02''  LON:  W2' 9.88''  ALT: 1268ft (386 metres)  HDG: 293. 

This is default P3D v4 scenery.

Untitled.jpg

@Nick Cooper Aha it's finally working!

I feel like such a stupid idiot it was a such a simple fix and I have reinstalled the simulator multiple times and still it hasn't worked. 

Anyway, as you mentioned you had to turn off the Dynamic 3D autogen vegetation.. as you said to me "The trees won't change if that is checked on." Well, it turns out that it completely disables the scenery as well as the trees but the orbx lights still worked. 

Thank you so much for the help and I would have never turned that option off if you hadn't of mentioned it.

Kind Regards,

GamingLxg 

Archived