Order of Installation

Herbie

FSX Steam GEX Europa and GEX NA installed also ORBX  PNW and NRM. I like to install Global and Vectors. Do I have to uninstall GEX products first? I need some help on this. Herb

Hello, here is the advice.

FTX Global Base user guide:

GROUND ENVIRONMENT X (GEX) 
GEX is a default texture replacement product just like FTXG and is therefore not compatible at all. When you install FTXG you will replace any GEX textures which may have been active in Scenery\World\Texture. We do recommend that you firstly uninstall your GEX before installing FTXG, then also using the backup option from our installer to make a backup of the default textures. Please check the compatibility forums at the above link for more information.

FTX Global Vector user guide:

GROUND ENVIRONMENT X (GEX) 
GEX is a default texture replacement product just like FTX Global and provides its own unique textures using a vastly different color palette. Additionally, Vector calls many custom textures contained in FTX Global which GEX simply does not contain, or which will have the incorrect color tone. We recommend that you use FTX Global BASE textures with Vector, since they were designed to work together seamlessly.

Archived