Relationship with pre-existing ortho

T@X

First and foremost guys, good move ! 

Love the fact that you are going X-Plane: just, love it !

Now , if i install this, will it automatically reset my scenery.ini or just copy the files in the custom scenery folder, later to be adjusted as i please ?

My area is already completely ortho and i'd like that this scenery could just appear on top of it.

If you use FTX Central to install, it will place KCGX correctly into scenery_packs.ini, leaving your previous sorting intact. You can always change this sorting afterwards.

Or you download the cross platform zip file instead of using FTX Central (works also on Windows, although it's saying Mac and Linux), and install it completely manually as with any other X-Plane scenery.

You can use your orthos if you like, just make sure you disable the "ZZZ_ORBX_KCGX_Merrill_C._Meigs_Field" mesh, or at least place it below your own orthos in your scenery file

N.B. If you use your own mesh/orthos, you may get jagged edges, flattening problems and scenery bleed around the airfield due to the changed coastline (and low res of the data in OSM), although it shouldn't be so bad.

Archived