Random or missing content in scenery tiles in England

Viseng

Hi,

Have just installed England + Popham scenery into P3d V4 but am getting huge number of empty, random content tiles in the scenery outside the popham coverage region.  The popham region itself appears fine.  I get about 30fps update rate.

The tiles appear first to be dark blue plain "water" which then infill to random terrain when very close or underneath the a/c.  I am used to seeing remote scenery changing of course, but never within a few metres of the a/c.

In addition, some tiles, although adjacent to other similar tiles will have sections of motorway or major roads on them, adjacent to plain fields, so you get situations where traffic is depicted moving across a few grass fields then rejoining the motorway!  So far i have played with changing all the settings for terrain resolution etc. as listed in the manual for popham and uk, but this has not affected the result.  I have also disabled each orbx library in turn starting at the lowest until all libraries were disabled.  As I enabled each library in turn,  the area which had previously  been "randomised" as described remained contiguous with other tiles providing a seamless landscape as you would expect, although visually appeared to be no different from the default autogen scenery in p3d.  On enabling the lowest priority "EXT" library,  the randomised terrain re-appeared.  I could of course leave it like this, but then it would result in paying for a non-operational product in p3d.  I suppose I should add that the same libraries work fine in FSX!

Regards,

Viseng.

Hi Nick,

thanks for replying so quickly.  After posting this, I found the 

topic,  so I followed this having first updated p3d to v4.2 and checked that it was basically working (but with same issue).  So replacing the terrain.cfg with the default seems to have solved the problem.

thanks

Robert

Archived