No AI Traffic in FlyTampa Sydney

MDPB

G'day

I am running Prepar3d V4.2 with FTX Au, FTX Global and Vector, and AI Traffic Australia and NZ P3DV4 installed. I have also installed FlyTampa's Sydney and no AI traffic is showing. I checked the two enhanced files in the FTX AI Control Panel but when I reopen the panel they are unchecked. Still no AI Traffic. Any ideas please.

Hello,

if a control panel will not save a setting, it is usually because

there are either no files or two versions of the same file that

the control panel needs.

In the case of the Fly Tampa Sydney option, the relevant files are

FlyTampa\Sydney\scenery\ADEX_YSSY_GL_2015.bgl.BAK
FlyTampa\Sydney\scenery\ADEX_YSSY_GL_2015.bgl   

FlyTampa\Sydney\scenery\FTX_AI_ADEX_YSSY_GL_2015.bgl
FlyTampa\Sydney\scenery\FTX_AI_ADEX_YSSY_GL_2015.bgl.OFF

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I did a complete reinstall of FlyTampa's YSSY when I noticed no AI then went into the AusAI control panel and noticed the problem.

FlyTampa\Sydney\scenery\ADEX_YSSY_GL_2015.bgl.BAK
FlyTampa\Sydney\scenery\ADEX_YSSY_GL_2015.bgl   
FlyTampa\Sydney\scenery\FTX_AI_ADEX_YSSY_GL_2015.bgl.OFF  are not present.

FlyTampa\Sydney\scenery\FTX_AI_ADEX_YSSY_GL_2015.bgl is the only one there. Could you tell me which files should be in the FlyTampa scenery directory. Thanks

Hello,

I have only FlyTampa\Sydney\scenery\FTX_AI_ADEX_YSSY_GL_2015.bgl

I assume that FlyTampa\Sydney\scenery\ADEX_YSSY_GL_2015.bgl   is 

placed in that folder when FlyTampa is installed?

I would also assume that if you enable the default AI in the control panel,

you will again have AI at your add on product.

Nick

Goes from bad to worse. I uninstalled FlyTampa Sydney and FTX Traffic completely then reinstalled both then defragged. FlyTampa\Sydney\scenery\FTX_AI_ADEX_YSSY_GL_2015.bgl appeared correctly but low and behold no AI Traffic at any Australian airport - doesn't matter if it's an ORBX product or another developer. Completely gone.

The Traffic bgl files all appear in the World scenery folder as well as the aircraft in Simobjects so I have no idea what is causing the problem. Apart from doing a full re-iinstall of P3D is there something I can look at as well?

1 hour ago, MDPB said:

Nick

Goes from bad to worse. I uninstalled FlyTampa Sydney and FTX Traffic completely then reinstalled both then defragged. FlyTampa\Sydney\scenery\FTX_AI_ADEX_YSSY_GL_2015.bgl appeared correctly but low and behold no AI Traffic at any Australian airport - doesn't matter if it's an ORBX product or another developer. Completely gone.

The Traffic bgl files all appear in the World scenery folder as well as the aircraft in Simobjects so I have no idea what is causing the problem. Apart from doing a full re-iinstall of P3D is there something I can look at as well?

Ok - AI Traffic has reappeared. Un-installed FTX Traffic then re-installed and hey presto all is good including Sydney. Just amazed at what can go wrong but somehow it fixes itself.

Archived