Adding Freeware Scenery to Iceland

Rowcoach

Good afternoon,

I downloaded a scenery package from Avsim yesterday. It is called " FSX Scenery Iceland Airports, Towns, Landmarks, Lighthouses, Traffic"

I installed it this morning, but am having elevation issues at BIKF. I've gone through and tried what I could find on this forum. First was to turn off BIKF's AEC. That didn't seem to work. I also tried disabling my Europe OLC. That didn't seem to work either. On a positive note, running just the default scenery (with orbx objext added) and AEC turned on at BIKF seems to work perfectly. I am not running anything else aside from Vector and Europe OLC.

This is looks like flying over the terminal....

lNjVuKy.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

colin

Thank you for the reply, Nick !

I was wondering if it would be that simple. When I look in that file, all I see is FTX_FTXG_BIKF_objects.bgl. There are no other BIKF files.

Is that the file I should be disabling?

Cheers,

colin

Good morning Nick,

a quick update. I removed the three files from OLC file, but I’m still getting the same result. I am beginning to wonder if this is an issue with the add on sceneriy’s CVX file. 

Thank you you again for your help getting me this far. 

Cheers,

colin

Hello,

I have downloaded the same freeware and see the same at BIKF as you do.

I suspect that there should be an elevation adjustment file which has been left out of the download.

I have one for a payware product and with that, it looks almost good.

If you are installing into P3d, the freeware scenery also suffers from the runway disappearing into the 

grass, this may also be repairable.

The scenery looks also to be quite old, with many FS9 features.

I replaced the freeware scenery’s CVX file with the one I removed from the OLC file. It helped, but didn’t completely fix the problem. Even in FSX the scenery looks a little dated. I found some of the parking lots flickering. I think I may try one of the payware sceneries. 

I’m assuming the installation instructions are the same. Simply remove the three BIKF files

Cheers,

colin 

Good evening Nick,

Not sure if you meant the Aerosoft version of BIKF.

I installed it yesterday, but I seem to have another BIKF hidden somewhere. As you can see from the picture below, I'm getting two different runway layouts. I have deactivated all the EU_OLC files as well as the BIKF files in the vector APT file. I have turned off BIKF in AEC. I have completely run out of ideas. I also cannot find the runway that is merging with aerosoft's BIKF.

Does anything here look familiar?

ZbHmnaH.jpg

Cheers,

colin

Thanks Nick. I made the mistake of not reading your entire post. Downloaded the first fix, but it was missing a file to fix the elevation. The most recent fix has the new elevation file to place in scenery/world/scenery. 

Everything looks perfect now. Thank you for all you help. 

Cheers,

colin

Archived