Missing AI Traffic

mixie1997

Hey guys, this is my first time posting here, so apologies if this is in the wrong place, am having a bit of trouble with the FTX AI traffic (Aus & NZ) for FSX Acceleration. I was just pondering around on FSX and discovered that some of the AI aircraft are missing and am wondering if someone might know how to bring them back into view (aka picture below). The aircraft still make the sound and still hook up to the gates etc but they fail to show up. The aircraft that are missing are; all models of the Bae 146 (100-300), both the 787-8 & 787-9 models and the 767 GE & ER models. Other than that the traffic Is top notch. Any help and advice is appreciated.

2018-2-16_18-46-57-741.BMP

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply to this one, I’m afraid I missed this post.

Can you tell me which airport this is? Some developers use ground polys that can produce this issue but mainly with FS9 aircraft. The B787 models are FSX ones. Is this issue at all airports or just this one.

can you turn off aircraft shadows and see if the problem persists please.

Not a problem at all.

this was taken at YSSY (freeware scenery I found on the net) but never had that problem before till recently. Yep, this is FSX models and this doesn't just happen at YSSY, it happens at all airports the aircraft land at and when they're flying, they cease to show up, only thing you can see is the lights and hear the sounds.

will do.

• 1 month later...

My apologies for the late reply, been busy, turned aircraft shadows off and the aircraft seemed to show up as usual, turned aircraft shadows back on and they disappeared again, so my best bet is to leave it off. Is there anyway to fix the problem with them disappearing with shadows on? as personally it looks very unnatural with an aircraft sitting in the sun and there being no shadows haha.

I’m pretty sure this is the way the airport is compiled. I recall an issue as you describe with a version of YPAD Adelaide I installed some time back. I reported the problem to the developer, I can’t recall who it was but they said there was nothing they could do about it. I chose to uninstall the airport.

can you be a little more specific on which airports you are seeing this.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived