My first flight around Caloundra

alexf

Cool pics.  8)

Is it possible to land on the heli pad on the bost do you know?

BTW, if you like flying helos then you are well advised to invest in the Dodo 206 - and excellent partner to explore FTX scenery with. Sorry, it just has to be said.  ;D

I know it's possible but could not land on it. It was windy and the boat was moving fast.

As an aside., when I departed Brisbane, I saw a US carrier in port. Went to land on it and the moment I'm starting to descent, right over it, it started turning and then moving forward! it was funny as the timing was great., I had to immediately compensate and land on it. Got carried into the bay at 40knots!  :)

I don't fly helos enough as I prefer single props (mainly A2A Cub and RealAir SF-260). When I feel like a helo I go for the default 206. I will look into Dodo 206. Thanks!

You are lucky to escape the wrath of the dodo fans, mate.

I must admit tho' I just can't get around to buying it myself. I've still got half a dozen new aircraft in the hangar I'm trying to come to grips with. I keep promising myself to do the tutorial flight for the J41, but still haven't done it.

Good pics,

Frank

Haha, there is no wrath mate. I think you'll find that we just try and enlighten people to the quality of the Dodo flight model, IMO anyone who likes flying helos in FSX should at least check it out and consider buying it. The default 206 is almost embarassing in comparison.  ;)

I know what you mean with choice of aircraft though I have (I think) around 20 payware aircraft now and it's hard finding the time to fly even a few of them to any extent, even harder since I got the Dodo because I can't stay out of it.  ;D

I hear you Blitzer. Have decided to buy the Dodo 206 to fly right.

Also have many payware and I use some of them (especially the SF-260) often, excep6t the JS41 which for the life of me I still can't start and taxi properly. I'm more of a low-n-slow prop type anyway, but as I do like eggbeaters, the Dodo will come soon.

:P

Ok, have pity , I've flown from Maroochydore to Redcliffe. I can't find the cruise ship. I've seen flocks of sailboats, run abouts,  fishing trawlers, container ships, old ugly freighters, and an aircraft carrier. Darned if I can find the liner. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sue

I must admit tho' I just can't get around to buying it myself. I've still got half a dozen new aircraft in the hangar I'm trying to come to grips with. I keep promising myself to do the tutorial flight for the J41, but still haven't done it.

Good pics,

Frank

Well, just bought a Dodo 206 (today). Been learning the ropes on Redcliffe's helo spaces. Hopefully will master at the lower levels soon.

:P

Ok, have pity , I've flown from Maroochydore to Redcliffe. I can't find the cruise ship. I've seen flocks of sailboats, run abouts,  fishing trawlers, container ships, old ugly freighters, and an aircraft carrier. Darned if I can find the liner. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sue

There is a US Aircraft Carrier leaving the Port of Brisbane at 8:49 AM local (December). The cruise ship passes going North around the same time.

You can take-off from Brisbane Int'l or as I do, depart from Redcliffe a few minutes earlier and fly SE towards the port.

The carrier is fully landable. The cruise ship nly on the helipad. The roof is not landable and you fall through (I know, I found out the hard way).

Archived