FTX Download and Installation Errors

windowseat73

Hi again,

I've spent the better part of the evening trying to download and reinstall my ORBX products into p3d v4.2 with the updated FTX central that came out today.  I can't get through global base without it failing.  Then, I downloaded my products manually, but the installation fails with the same message.  I've also reinstalled FTX central, and the same thing keeps happening. 

What's going on here, I've never had persistent problems like this before.  Antivirus off, exception in the firewall, good internet.  Should I try to use the earlier version of FTX central and just revert back to  P3d v 4.1 for a while? 

John

2018-02-13_00h46_31.png

Hi Nick,

I already tried that and the same error showed up.  I tried twice actually- after ticking the box to look for the file on my computer.  I have the zips for base, vector and openlc, but I can't get the base to install.  I didn't try the others yet though.

Hope that helps,

John

That didn't work either.  On a hunch, I ran FTXcentral.exe from the appdata/local/orbx/ftxcentral/v3.2.5.4 folder and that worked just fine.  I wonder if the exe in the ftxcentral main folder was causing the problem?  In any case, everything seems okay now.  I was able to get base installed, and now I'm waiting for openlc to download.

Hi,

You have to check the amount of free space on the drive where  Windows is installed. If it's Under 20GB, download and extraction don't work properly 

Archived