Pavements not showing up at airports

Perriwen

I just installed all the freeware FTX files, and have the same problem at just about all the airports. Save for the runways, there's no tarmac at all, just colored dirt. Is it supposed to be like this? I noticed there was a patch to fix 'sandy' airports, but it looks like that fix applies to the full payware product only. If that isn't the case, that'd be good to know too!

The FTX Freeware addons are tailor made to blend in with FTX, if you do not have FTX installed then the FTX freeware will not show it's full potential, also the FTX addons are build to be used with the freeware Holgermesh if you haven't that installed /activated that you also get some weird effects.

There's no issue there, that's how we designed YMLT to be; it's using the photoreal imagery as the base for all the taxiways and aprons. 

We've made a lot of our freeware and payware airports that way, and it provides for a very accurate representation of what's on the aprons. Exceptions to that are YMML, YHBA which feature gmax polys for the aprons, and also the upcoming YBBN, YBUN, YBCS, 1S2 and more.

When you add our FTX Aero package, and apply one of the four bump maps, then it looks like:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

To get the effects from FTX Aero, purchase one of our payware airports and you'll get the Aero package bundled.

Here's some more examples of the Aero 'Coarse' bump map enabled at Tamworth:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is the aero package included in the full FTX terrain as well?

No, only in our payware airports. You only need to get one airport for Aero to be installed. However, YMML Melbourne International and YPJT Perth Jandakot are not yet SP3 Certified and won't have Aero included as yet. That's happening next week. All the others are fine.

We've made a lot of our freeware and payware airports that way, and it provides for a very accurate representation of what's on the aprons. Exceptions to that are YMML, YHBA which feature gmax polys for the aprons, and also the upcoming YBBN, YBUN, YBCS, 1S2 and more.

is that a typo or are you doing YBUN bunbury? it would be good to see my home town get the ftx treatment

Cheers,

Mitchell

is that a typo or are you doing YBUN bunbury? it would be good to see my home town get the ftx treatment

Cheers,

Mitchell

It's a typo; we're doing YBUD - http://fullterrain.com/product_ybud.html

Cheers,

Mitchell

It's a typo; we're doing YBUD - http://fullterrain.com/product_ybud.html

ah ok

Archived