ORBXENG and P3D V4.1

Mike Sherwood

Hi

I am having some difficulty with a number of airports in the latest England ORBX files. A few airports Biggin Hill for example do not present correctly.

They appear to be installed at an incorrect altitude and as a result the underlying terrain gets pushed through the runway surface making the runway unusable.

See the attached pictures of Biggin Hill and Rochester. Although the scenery file indicates that Biggin Hill should be installed at about 600ft its actually being installed at 568 ft, which is the lowest point of the real world runway.

If I reduce the mesh slider from 5m to more than 100m this problem is not apparent, presumably because it is smoothing out these high points so they no longer push through the runway

Although we have the latest England files installed there are still some older ORBX Vector files still loaded further down the scenery priority list. Could these be causing this problem and if so should they all be turned off.

Other airports with  a similar problem include. North Weald, Benson, Stapleport and Rochester.

Mike Sherwood

IMG_6962.JPG

IMG_6965.JPG

Hello Nick

Thank you for your almost instantaneous reply.

Where will I find the Vector Control panel. In P3d or FTX v3.

Do you mean I should disable the AEC for each of the offending runways.

What are the vector files for? Are they really needed if I have the 5 ORBX files foe EU-ENG that come with the England set?

Would turning off the Vector files in the scenery library achieve the same affect?

Here are some photos of the Scenery library. we seem to have a number of Vector files.

Thanks

Mike

IMG_6966.JPG

IMG_6968.JPG

IMG_6969.JPG

Where will I find the Vector Control panel. In P3d or FTX v3.

FTX Central, click on the Vector icon and then the control panel tab.

Do you mean I should disable the AEC for each of the offending runways.

Yes

What are the vector files for? Are they really needed if I have the 5 ORBX files foe EU-ENG that come with the England set?

Applying Vector features outside FTX regions

Would turning off the Vector files in the scenery library achieve the same affect?

Yes but the rest of the virtual world will be adversely affected.

Here are some photos of the Scenery library. we seem to have a number of Vector files.

Why have you disabled one of the core files and OLC_EU_1?

Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by Core files, but I tuned off Western Europe and Europe 1 Just to see if it made any difference, which it didn't.

We only fly in Pacific NW around Scagit/Anacoutes and England so I presume these would not be affected if I turn off the Vector files

Regards

Mike

Hello,

if you stay in a region, there is indeed no need for FTX Vector.

Disabling Vector is unlikely to make any difference there, as the regions you mention already

exclude the FTX Vector data and replace it with their own.

I only meant that EURW is part of the simulator, that is, its core.

Archived