Please, Please Help Stop Vector AEC Hijack

OLDflyboy

I have spent about ten hours yesterday and today trying to fly with P3Dv3 andv4 and nothing but PC locking just after the plane loads. An hourglass continues to drift around. Aircraft reported okay (green text). The scenery viewing forward looks alright but no mouse movement possible etc.

I checked EVERYTHING until finally today I got to scenery and found  FTX\VECTOR AEC in position 3. I exchanged it with position 99, loaded P3Dv3 and it worked perfectly.

This is happening on a regular basis but usually the sim loads and the Scenery Library can be opened to fix things.

Can anyone shed some light on this frustrating, time consuming, action. The ONLY one of the VECTOR files being moved is the AEC one.

Is there a way to lock it into the proper position?  Or track down just what is causing the move?

Many thanks

Neal Howard

Hello,

that Vector entry is in the correct place, as it is in my copy of P3D v4 and it works as it should.

It is unlikely to be the cause of your problem.

Would you attach a copy of your scenery.cfg file to your next post please, ideally as it is after FTX Central has been run,

Thanks.

Archived