praise for PNG - NSTU approach question

Hello,

first off, I'd wish to thank you for the PNG products, it has been a hugely surprising pleasant experience, and I hope that you will release more of that kind (South America, maybe?)

then, and please excuse me for asking from you, not because I think about a Orbx issue:

flying PMDG737 YBBN-NTSU, all programmed into FMC (airac 1712, STAR included to runway ILS 5), I ended being quite misaligned with the runway on approach, with an offset of 5-10 degrees, so I did the landing manually

not the first time it happens, yet, as far as I remember, absolutely the first one with Orbx airports, and (maybe) one of the few with major payware airports

so, not knowing what has to be addressed, I start asking from you, whether it's about disagreement between navigation systems and geography, or anything else which I did not find by searching

thanks

Hi Tozzifan,

Thanks for the kind words r.e PNG!

The ILS provided with NSTU is aligned exactly to the underlying APX runway

I'm not an expert on the PMDG 737 but is it possible it (the FMC) is by-passing the scenery and using its own onboard version, and if so maybe there is a switch in the options to make it use the simulator version, I'm not sure

Hi Tozzifan,

I don't know what the source of the problem you encountered might be, but just to confirm that it is not an ORBX issue, I just flew the ILS RWY 05 at ORBX NSTU with PMDG NGX in Prepar3D 4.1 and it is perfectly aligned with the runway center line. I let AUTOLAND do the job to make sure and it was "bang on".

I use AIRAC 1801 and updated MAGVAR 2017. 

I hope you find a solution some day. Best regards.

Archived