LEBB Bilbao

barrendrop

Hi All

5 of us flew on VATSIM EGFF to LEBB this afternoon, 3 of us had your scenery, 2 on P3dv4 and 1 FSX the other 2 had default scenery, On landing on rwy 30 the default scenery users all stop with plenty of runway left, whilst the three of us with your beautiful   scenery all ran off the runway even though we had auto brakes set to max allowed on landing and speed brakes armed and had full reverse power on. We feel there is a problem with the runway here, not experienced this any where else, landing speed was about 134knt  in A320 full flaps

Can you look into this, anybody else experiencing this problem?

24 minutes ago, barrendrop said:

Hi All

5 of us flew on VATSIM EGFF to LEBB this afternoon, 3 of us had your scenery, 2 on P3dv4 and 1 FSX the other 2 had default scenery, On landing on rwy 30 the default scenery users all stop with plenty of runway left, whilst the three of us with your beautiful   scenery all ran off the runway even though we had auto brakes set to max allowed on landing and speed brakes armed and had full reverse power on. We feel there is a problem with the runway here, not experienced this any where else, landing speed was about 134knt  in A320 full flaps

Can you look into this, anybody else experiencing this problem?

Hey!

That is very interesting. It might be due to an issue in FSX that forced us to set the runway type to "Oil treated". 

The issue only exists in FSX though so maybe we could change it for P3D. 

We are about to release a small update for Bilbao so I'll try to see if we can change it for that.

Could be something else of course causing the weird slow-down, but sounds pretty much that is whats going on.

1 hour ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey!

That is very interesting. It might be due to an issue in FSX that forced us to set the runway type to "Oil treated". 

The issue only exists in FSX though so maybe we could change it for P3D. 

We are about to release a small update for Bilbao so I'll try to see if we can change it for that.

Could be something else of course causing the weird slow-down, but sounds pretty much that is whats going on.

thank you. I just overshot the runway :D touched down on the 1000ft marker and weeeeehhhh.. :D Brakes temp 700, brake fans on at the ramp.. but hey, it's winter. I guess they just didn't salt the runway.. 

The FSL bus will handle an oil treated runway just as it is: pretty slippery :D

1 minute ago, Ephedrin said:

thank you. I just overshot the runway :D touched down on the 1000ft marker and weeeeehhhh.. :D Brakes temp 700, brake fans on at the ramp.. but hey, it's winter. I guess they just didn't salt the runway.. 

The FSL bus will handle an oil treated runway just as it is: pretty slippery :D

Haha, ops..

I'll see what I can do to make them salt the runway properly.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, there are some more things I need to address before we can have it sent to beta.

As it is just a minor fix in the runway file to get the runway to behave differently (i hope), I'll attach an updated file for you in this post so you can just replace the one in P3Dv4/ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_AA_LEBB/Scenery. Make a backup of the old file before replacing with the new. Please note this is only if you are running p3d v3/v4.

Here are some screens from the upcoming update. It's a minor update that will cover new runway and apron textures that are a bit more highres and with bump maps for the tiles, also some slight modifications to the terminal texturing has been made. 

8AruoEaLeomogJc5a91136a5b7ff.jpg
leQrRQgGgonGfhj5a91136a50070.jpg
5daqzjQlAYQyKTP5a911369a2b8f.jpg
Dkh3TgmIpzzS3AT5a91136bd31c0.jpg
SG2lRP8E4xzPscO5a91136c5d2a1.jpg
K6EajFUkzkyviAF5a91136dc39cc.jpg

LEBB_ADEP3_MN.bgl

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived