Startup problem

jsmcwilliam

Hi!

I have running my P3DV4 sim with FTX Global (base, openLC, trees, vector, lib) and ESSA without problem. My remote setup is attached. Today I upgraded my virus pgm (Advanced SysyteCare Ultimate 11) and then tried to start the sim. I got an error, "Living World Settings in LWcfg.xml are invalid. Please delete file from %APPDATA%/Roaming/LockheedMartin/P3DV4/" I did this and tried to start the sim again. I got a new error, "D:/Prepar3Dv4\Orbx\FTX_AU\FTXAA_Orbxlibs\Scenery\OF_config.xml" not found. I considered reinstalling my Orbxlibs but starting the Orbx Central v3 resultat in yet another error, "%LocalAppData%\Orbx\ftxc3.log to be sent to your staff" I would be grateful if you could help me resolve this problem.

John McWilliam (jsmcwilliam@gmail.com)

P3DV4_Addons.txt

ftxc3.log

Hello,

perhaps it will not be a surprise to find that the error is 

[2018-01-11_01-10-18-PM 3.2.3.0] - System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\Scripts\openlc_lib_base.txt' is denied.

It might be that your anti virus update has introduced new definitions which are making false positive virus identifications.

If this is the case and it has also corrupted LWcfg.xml, if you replace that or any other file that it is now eating or denying access to,

they will be eaten again or access prevented until you tell it to stop.

I would suggest that the first thing to do would be to look for a log of what your anti virus software has been doing.

I tried the above but this did not help. I manually deleted the ORBX package including FTXCentral and reinstalled the latter. I ran P3DV4 with the default scenery and it worked. With my antivirus turned off I was able to download and install my ORBX files again, however when I subsequently started P3DV4 the old problem returned and I still got errors:

1. D:\Prepar3D\Orbx\FTX_Au\FTXAA_OrbxLibs\Scenery\OF_config.xml not found

2. "Living World Settings in LWcfg.xml are invalid"

3. Ran FTXCentral and got the old error there also asking for the log file ftxc3.log to be sent to support.

There must be a way round this and I am hoping that you can hellp me.

John

Hello again,

it does read very much as if your anti virus software is causing this.

You would need to tell it to stop doing what it is doing.

The usual way is to create exclusions for the files and folders that are

affected so that the anti virus software does not keep deleting files or putting

them into quarantine.

I cannot help you with this but I feel sure that there will be a user guide.

There appears to be a manual here and a support forum here.

Hi Nick,

You were right about the virus solftware. When I turn it off everything is OK. Previously, I only turned of the firewall, however, I realise now that there is a new function call "Anti- ransomeware engine" If I turn this off then all is well.

John McWilliam

Archived