England

Wales

Ireland

Northern Ireland

Scotland

Bowerman Airport

Pacific Northwest Demo

HD Trees

Everything is now up to date according to FTX Central.

Operating system is Windows 7.

I'm having a problem where night textures for roads and urban areas are displaying through the day. This pic was taken over Teesside in the UK at about 2.30pm:

MLVev6f.jpg

The problem is not limited to the uk however... seems to be everywhere.

The 3d street lighting seems to be functioning as normal - comes on around dusk when it is supposed to. Its just the textures that are wrong. Around 12 in the afternoon looks fine, but at about 2pm the night textures start creeping in and don't fully disappear until about 10-11am!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as flying through the day is currently ruined!

Thanks,

Richard

Thank you for the suggestion . I added the text to the file but doesn't seem to have worked.

The thing that really baffles me is how can this happen with a fresh install of FSX and Orbx? I haven't touched any of the files in the FSX folder or tried tweaking things, so what could possibly make this happen.

There is another issue I've just noticed which may be related to this one, where loads of ground textures in the PNW demo are all mixed up. Looking at the mountains I can see the textures changing all the time to totally random things, like water and waaaayyyyyy zoomed out textures of islands! The urban areas there are totally messed up too - looks like bits of urban textures from all over the world with autogen not lined up at all with the textures including trees and buildings. Here is a pic:

OZIoZxU.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:22 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Not quite right, there is no support in these forums for products purchased as DLC from Steam.

Of course there is support for products purchased from Orbx Direct and installed into FSX Steam Edition.

Thanks for the correction. I had the impression from the linked post there was no support.

Hello,

It says this:

Please note that Orbx does not provide technical support for any FSX:Steam Edition DLC addons published by Dovetail Games. To gain support, please visit their Kayako support site here:

http://dovetailgames.kayako.com/
Orbx provides support only to Dovetail Games staff if they cannot answer your queries using their official channel.
Any Steam customer who purchased the DLC versions of Orbx products requesting support on our forums will be directed to this topic.

Archived