LDDU Water textures on mountains

Ephedrin

Hello everyone,

I have some issues with the surrounding area of LDDU that I was not able to resolve myself. 

Approaching Dubrovnik from the Northwest and getting closer to the airport I had a large area in the hills being covered with water textures. Screenshots are attached below. 

After some investigations in several forums (ORBX, Avsim, a german forum) I found that people had similar issues at the hawaiian islands and could resolve it by uninstalling and reinstalling OpenLC NA. I have Base, OpenLC EU, NA and Vector installed as well as many airports.. my latest installation was Vector, but I don't know if the issue has already been before as I got some airports during the Dezember sale and it was my first visit to LDDU. To resolve it I tried the others' solution and un-/reinstalled OpenLC EU. Nothing changed except the positions of the water textures. I reinstalled Vector, did several re-migrations, tried it out with and without Airport elevation correction and so on...

It has to do something with the airport itself as - as soon as I uninstall LDDU - the terrain textures are normal. Installing LDDU brings them back, with or without AEC. Also there is no change in choosing a lower Mesh or Texture resolution in the graphic settings - world. My settings are Mesh 2m and texture 7cm which is fine around the globe. 

I also have tried to delete and reload the terrain.cfg as advised by an ORBX developer, with no success. Maybe I have done sth wrong, but there was absolutely no change. The only thing that resolves it is uninstalling LDDU, as mentioned above.

Vector compatibility is activated in the LDDU Control Panel. 

It would be great if anyone had a solution for me.. 

Thank you, 

Marc

Transaction ID LDDU: 5a3c2a19ddc74

Transaction ID Vector: 5a479315a5366

Transaction ID OpenLC EU: 5910da4074683

i7 6700k, GTX970, 16GB DDR4 RAM, P3Dv4.1

2018-1-7_15-28-37-628.png

2018-1-7_15-42-42-422.png

2018-1-7_18-46-33-645.png

Hello Marc

I can not replicate this Issue either.  Try Nicks suggestion first

On 1/7/2018 at 5:54 PM, Ephedrin said:

I also have tried to delete and reload the terrain.cfg as advised by an ORBX developer, with no success. Maybe I have done sth wrong, but there was absolutely no change.

3 things.............

1)   Did you delete the Terrain.cfg file,  Then launch Prepar3D and Close it down again and then finally Launch the FTX Central control panel for about 20 seconds ? 

2)   What other Add On's do you have Installed  (non Orbx) ? 

3)   Can you post the contents of your Scenery.cfg file into your next post.  Maybe its a Scenery priority Issue 

4 minutes ago, Elaine Dixon said:

Hello Marc

I can not replicate this Issue either.  Try Nicks suggestion first

3 things.............

1)   Did you delete the Terrain.cfg file,  Then launch Prepar3D and Close it down again and then finally Launch the FTX Central control panel for about 20 seconds ? 

2)   What other Add On's do you have Installed  (non Orbx) ? 

3)   Can you post the contents of your Scenery.cfg file into your next post.  Maybe its a Scenery priority Issue 

Hello and thank you for moving it.

I have reinstalled it a couple of times in several orders (Open LC EU, Vector and LDDU)

to 1: yes, I deleted it, then let P3D create another file, closed it and launched FTXC until the short text in the bottom left corner shows that it has checked all addons.

to 2 and 3: many, I will attach the scenery.cfg itself as its content is a lot.. Additionally almost all FlyTampa, several Aerosoft "Professional" Airports, Flightbeam US Airports, T2G Munich, , Holgermesh and Ant's Airports, PMDG, FSL, TFDi, Majestics and A2A airplanes. PTA and URP (I checked it with default shaders) and REX Soft Clouds, GSX, F1 GTN Units.

Thank you for taking the time, don't rush. =) As far as I have noticed LDDU is the only addon airport that is affected (Pula is fine) so I still have plenty to visit :D 

Marc

scenery.cfg

Hello Marc

Thank you.   

One thing I did notice in your scenery.cfg file is [Area] 133, 134 and 135,   These entries should be at the Top of your Scenery Library along with all the other 3d party Scenery (non Orbx) 

Just to note:  Are these specific Scenery Add On's compatible with Prepar3D ?   Have you tried Un-Ticking these Add On's and then testing Prepar3D ? 

-------------------------

This may not resolve your Issue but you should start there anyway.

If you look at your Prepar3D Scenery library currently these 3 [Areas] are sitting just below the Orbx OPEN LC Block.

You can use the the Library Insertion Points tool in the FTX Central control panel to configure your Scenery 

Launch FTX Central and click Settings (Bottom left) 

Click the little tab on the right for  FTX entries should be Inserted below    

Scroll down to Your last  3rd party Add On Scenery in the menu and Click it,   In YOUR case its  Aerosoft\PBY_Catalina  

37866277941_6705f9afcd_o.png

Now Using the Library Insertion Point tool  move the OpenLC entries below the FTX entries

Click the little tab on the right for  OpenLC entries should be Inserted below  and click FTX 

37834999262_511fb7b249_o.png

When you are finished Insure you Click SAVE

Then launch Prepar3D and test 

Try that first and let me know how you get on 

16 hours ago, Elaine Dixon said:

Just to note:  Are these specific Scenery Add On's compatible with Prepar3D ?   Have you tried Un-Ticking these Add On's and then testing Prepar3D ?

Elaine,

thanks a lot for this hint!! Finally this did the trick, although a little different than expected: 

I unticked just EVERY scenery in my library (that I was able to). While unticking LDDU fixed my problems with the Dubrovnik area I remembered that I have had the same problem over at Hawaii already in Summer. So I switched there and the whole Island of Molokai was still covered with water textures. Although I could untick almost all of my scenery in the library, there were some sceneries at the top that are not to modify in any way nor even highlight them. One of them was the culprit: FSDreamteam's KJFK v2. I couldn't deactivate it so I completely uninstalled it via the Control Panel. Molokai and Dubrovnik are fine now. As I had all ORBX Landclass addons deactivated with JFK still installed and Molokai was drowned anyway I think we can close this as no fault by ORBX at all. But who would think New York would have an effect on a single hawaiian island and Croatia. :blink: I will have to get back to FSDT with this.

Thank you again for the hint and for your effort!

Cheers,

Marc

Hello Marc

That's good news,  Thank you for your feedback

On 10/01/2018 at 4:03 PM, Ephedrin said:

there were some sceneries at the top that are not to modify in any way nor even highlight them. One of them was the culprit: FSDreamteam's KJFK v2. I couldn't deactivate it so I completely uninstalled it via the Control Panel.

Just on this point,  These Scenery Add On's are now utilising the Add-on.xml file method and are launched from the Prepar3D v4 Add Ons folder in your Documents location.

You can Disable these Scenery Add On's from Inside the Sim by clicking Options > Add On's,    Any Entry you see in here is also using the Add-on.xml file method,  By simply Un-Ticking the Add On in question and clicking Ok    Note: You will need to Restart Prepar3D for this to take effect.

After you complete this you will now notice this Scenery Add On is no longer present in your Prepar3D Scenery Library    

2 minutes ago, Elaine Dixon said:

Hello Marc

That's good news,  Thank you for your feedback

Just on this point,  These Scenery Add On's are now utilising the Add-on.xml file method and are launched from the Prepar3D v4 Add Ons folder in your Documents location.

You can Disable these Scenery Add On's from Inside the Sim by clicking Options > Add On's,    Any Entry you see in here is also using the Add-on.xml file method,  By simply Un-Ticking the Add On in question and clicking Ok    Note: You will need to Restart Prepar3D for this to take effect.

After you complete this you will now notice this Scenery Add On is no longer present in your Prepar3D Scenery Library    

aaahh, I see... thanks for that too :D

Archived