Orbx not showing in library but installed in fsxse

I did install the libraries, but only vector shows up in the fsx library.  After I installed the libraries, ftx central posted error and said I needed to send to the forum the following file:

"%Local\AppData%\orbx\FTX3.log".  I could not find this log file.  Thanks hoping you can help me with this.

Westley

Hello,

you need do nothing, it is set as it should be.

Please now use the second solution:

Please try a visit to this page.

Download the FSX Registry Utility and use it to set the registry for your FSX Steam Edition.

Hopefully, you will then see an FSX option when you next start FTX Central, choose that and

the error message should be gone.

Nick:  Sorry to be such a dunce, but how do I set the registry?  As you see I did download the registry utility and found under current user the line for steam, but I am not sure how to proceed.

The path to my fsx directory is D:\Steam/SteamApps/Common/FSX.  I did not see this path in the registry.  What is visible is:Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition.  Consider me a baby when it comes to working the registry.

Regards, Westley

Nick:  I am back in FTX Central and get message that ftx is starting plus message "Activating Orbx Scenery".  I still have other products to install.  So I was installing Australia but it stops downloading after 2 minutes and I get the same error message.  I took a screenshot of my fsx library and only Vector is displayed.  I did install the base pack as well as North America.  I am going to restart my computer to see if this is a factor.  

Regards, Westley 

Libraryl settings.png

Nick:  I think all is ok now.  It seems that I had checked "Use multiple threads for downloads(beta) selected in settings.  I unselected this and was able to download England.  When I went to settings in fsx the library seems to have put all orbx in the right order.  I will continue now to install the rest of my products.  Thanks.

Regards,Westley

Nick:  I checked to ensure that no other programs were running.  I shut down steam , the only program I thought could interfere.  I still got the error message.  Then I did a restart.  I ran no other programs, but still get the same result.

Regards,Westley

Nick:  I went back to the manual install and it did install.  Instead of clicking on continue, I clicked on the visible install button for the auto install; nevertheless, it is now installed.  Thank you for your help and above normal patience.  Thanks a million!!!!!

Regards, Westley

Archived