FTX Global is not working

Hadi23

Hi

It looks very much installed to me, but if you can also confirm the below four entries are in your scenery library then it is most certainly installed.

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
ORBX!OPENLC_BASE
ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1
ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

Cheers

Doug

I think you may also find that the biggest changes are outside of the US and Western Europe. When the scenery was first developed for FSX (P3Dv3/v4 default scenery is almost identical) the US was covered "reasonably" well with much more detail than other parts of the world. Europe (esp Western) and the UK were probably the next best in terms of detail. But if you flew over South East Asia (tropical rain forest territory) or New Zealand (very much a temperate GREEN looking country) you would have thought they were deserts. Global has made a huge difference to areas that were not originally done well (in regards to LandClass). Global, putting it in simplistic terms, made areas that have forests have forests, jungles where jungles are supposed to be, same with grasslands, deserts, etc. It changes the US and Western Europe/UK a lot as well but the differences aren't as stark.

10 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

It looks very much installed to me, but if you can also confirm the below four entries are in your scenery library then it is most certainly installed.

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
ORBX!OPENLC_BASE
ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1
ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

Cheers

Doug

I checked they are present. I am the only one to notice that the textures are not at all the same in the two photos?

Here is an image of New York:

Capture.thumb.PNG.f3ba2bd2717bb70653e6bf36a1673ccd.PNG

I must also say that even before the installation of FTX Global, Kiel was exactly the same as in the photo I sent above. There has really been no change, I even notice it when I fly (mostly in Europe), it looks like I have not installed anything, the basic textures are still there.

Hi,

I think your top first screenshot is with the full FTX Germany region installed, it is not showing just Global Base...You can also use the examples in the below topic to conduct your own comparisons, or you could also post some lower altitude screenshots with coordinates from the Shift+Z keys for comparison....to me, your high altitude shots appear to have Global installed. 

Cheers

Doug

Archived