Orbx KSAN + SoCal + UTLive - Random CTD minutes after departure

I posted this on the UTLive support forum, and people there (not from flight1 I might add, had no official answer from them yet) said that KSAN is prone to CTD. Found couple of references here and there on the web that this is indeed true, but none towards a solution. When I disable AI traffic from UTLive, everything goes nicely, so I'm blaming their software. But is there anything you might add that I can try to solve that? Clean CTD, P3D window just hangs and becomes unresponsive, nothing reported on Event Viewer.

Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I would suggest that you disable all the FTX addon scenery, enable UT Live and

see if the problem persists.

Some customers have experienced problems at or near KSAN and there is a service

pack in development.

By disabling the FTX entries on the scenery.cfg? 

Have you checked if maybe one of your ai models are not compatible with p3d V4.

had really strange ctd at certain airports due to 1 or 2 simobject models ships and airplanes, that caused suddenly CTD

when flying or taxing at different airports not only orbx but also on default and particular payware airport sceneries.

On 1/3/2018 at 2:23 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Just untick each one in the in game scenery library.

Will do that tonight and report back

On 1/3/2018 at 8:02 PM, sim123 said:

Have you checked if maybe one of your ai models are not compatible with p3d V4.

had really strange ctd at certain airports due to 1 or 2 simobject models ships and airplanes, that caused suddenly CTD

when flying or taxing at different airports not only orbx but also on default and particular payware airport sceneries.

How to do that? I'm using the models that came with UTLive, never changed anything. I have no other traffic other than that.

you can trace models in this way

Another way is to use Notepad + (freeware) right click on the *.MDL file and at the top you will see "MDLXMDLH " if it has an 8 and no X it is a fs9 model.

I know it is a lot of work, but one fs9 model inside your simobject can make p3d V4 crash .

also simobject "boats" can do this because san Diego is near coast, so also old model ships can bring P3d V4 down.

On 1/3/2018 at 7:05 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

I would suggest that you disable all the FTX addon scenery, enable UT Live and

see if the problem persists.

Some customers have experienced problems at or near KSAN and there is a service

pack in development.

Just did that, successfully departed without a problem with UTLive enabled =/ I saw someone there complaining about the same happening with Latin VFR KSAN, so maybe it's a SoCal thing? I don't have Latin VFR to do the test. I could test with KSAN w/o SoCal or vice versa, but I'm getting tired of doing this leg (I'm doing full setup before taking off to replicate the same situation). Maybe I'll try to see if a saved plan could replicate the issue and them do more in depth testing, the way it's, each test takes 25 minutes of tedious setup, just to anticipate a crash :P 

On 1/5/2018 at 2:02 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

if you have a support question for UT Live, it may be better to ask UT Live?

Yeap, I opened a thread there, others users said that there's reports on CTD with ORBX KSAN so I came here. No word from their official team though =/ 

On 1/5/2018 at 3:11 PM, sim123 said:

you can trace models in this way

Another way is to use Notepad + (freeware) right click on the *.MDL file and at the top you will see "MDLXMDLH " if it has an 8 and no X it is a fs9 model.

I know it is a lot of work, but one fs9 model inside your simobject can make p3d V4 crash .

also simobject "boats" can do this because san Diego is near coast, so also old model ships can bring P3d V4 down.

I'll look into it! Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Let me just add my own experience here..

I've bought ORBX KSAN today, installed it and had a few CTDs since then in the area on my P3D v4.1 setup. It never happened before so I blame that particular scenery for that. I also have UT Live, but like I said, it was working fine before installing KSAN. 

Looking at the logs, the crash is caused by unhandled exception in KERNELBASE.dll (crash report .wer file attached)

Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Report.wer

Archived