Airey's Inlet

Greetings all,

from a happy BLUE user who just installed version 1.01 of the Freeware Airports (for which 'muchos gracias'). I installed the patch first but wasn't clear as to whether I was supposed to download and install the new full V1.01 FREEWARE zipfile as well. After browsing the forum I decided to do it anyway. Here's why ...

FSX confirmed that the scenery was installed but I couldn't find any new scenery areas added to my scenery.cfg. No matter, I flew YMAV to YCVES OK and enjoyed landing on the curved strip. Then from there to YGLG so that I could get to Airey's Inlet and attempt the 'difficult' approach. I spent a fair bit of time there cruising in search of something resembling a strip. As I found nothing but a few grassy paddocks I used Google maps to confirm that I was in the right place. It seemed I was; a lighthouse was there and even a few seagulls. But no inlet :-) No (steep) strip other than a faded strip of grass in a nearby paddock. A tricky landing site to be sure, but nowhere near where the real strip is located according to Google. It was/is evidently used to service the lighthouse. Ah well, that's my story. Can someone put me right here - I'm itching to tour the other airfields before it gets dark ... 

Regards

Gareth

ALICANTE, Spain

Thanks John

Yes, as an old hand I always search first but a search on 'Airey's Inlet' drew a blank.  Thanks for the links. The screenshots in the first one  appear to indicate I have been looking in the wrong location - even though my nav and Google Earth indicated otherwise. Something odd here. Due to pressure on my time at the mo' a GPS fix from somebody (by email if we don't want to blow Airey's cover) would be appreciated to confirm whether there's something amiss with my install. 

Cheers

Gareth

Ex-SUAS RAF Squadron

Archived