FSX Shows No Waterfall at Emo Mission ...

MZee1960

I just purchased the TAP and AYPY Global Packages. Both very impressive scenery. Thank-you to the developers.

I added Emo Mission and Papua New Guinea Holgermesh.

Install order was Emo Mission, PNG Holgermesh, AYPY and finally TAP ...... all via FTXC (latest version - with everything, Orbxlibs etc. up to date).

FTXC said all downloaded and installed OK.

When looking for Emo Mission, I flew out of Kokoda airstrip, 120 deg magnetic, at about 23nm ... looked for waterfall on LH side of stream and none to be found, but Emo strip was on RH side OK.

Waterfall not showing.

Some say this is P3D issue, but I'm in FSX with SP 1 and 2. No Acceleration addon.

I have FTX Global and Vector active.

The 'waterfall' effect is in my FSX folder, and 'effects' is active in FSX settings.

Reloading scenery library doesn't help.

I am running only one monitor and switching FSX between full and windowed mode makes no difference.

I found several posts here already re this issue, but can't find any post with a solution, so I'm posting again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Here's what I see in my sim (no waterfall,  some misplaced/floating scenery in this region as well) :

Dwm2017-12-2223-38-06-00.jpg
Dwm2017-12-2223-38-09-12.jpg
Dwm2017-12-2223-38-12-29.jpg
Dwm2017-12-2223-38-15-66.jpg

Thank-you, very much, Tim ! 

I used FTXC to uninstall, then again to re-install Emo Mission only, and it worked.

I figured I should have installed Emo last, but thought perhaps FTXC would place the files in the correct spots regardless of the order of install.

I guess without AYPY being there first,  it didn't know where to put all the Emo files, so it must have left some out somehow.

Dwm2017-12-2301-01-03-14.jpg
Dwm2017-12-2301-01-06-64.jpg

I must say that I have never experienced anything even remotely close to what I saw flying in the valley towards Emo, then seeing that waterfall on the left.

Truly spectacular and magical !  :o

I have also just picked up TAP ...... and can't wait to go and fly off that cliff, lol !  ..  After, of course, I learn how to land at Emo.  :unsure:

We are so lucky to have talented developers like yourself and Ken on board here at Orbx.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !

Milan...

Archived