LOWI Download Failure

SimPilotTrev

Hi Trevor

The error report indicates that the download is corrupt, so please try this first,

Go to FTX Central 3 Settings.

Uncheck the “Use multiple threads for downloads”.

Click on the “Clear Temp” Button.

Click on “Save”.

Restart FTXC3, and try again.

Then if that doesn't work,

Please use a download manager for the below manual methods.  Browser extension download managers do not work for this. Below is a good free DL manager

https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Alternatively, you can also use a download manager (to help avoid corrupt downloads) such as IDM and do a manual download from your Orbx Direct account web page (this is where a download manager works great) and click on the account button top of page, then find and click on the product info, and in the bottom line small print there is a manual download option, down load it and save it in a named folder, then open FTXC3 and select it, and click on the orange "installation options" and select "Install from my manually downloaded .zip". as per the below links. :)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/127395-manual-download-of-products/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/125435-how-to-install-from-an-orbx-direct-downloaded-zip-file/

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug

Many thanks for input.  I have now successfully installed LOWI, however I thought it would be useful to share how I did it.

I manually downloaded LOWI  from my Orbx Account to my 'downloads folder' via Internet Explorer (IE) with no problem and then via FTXC3, manually pointed to the downloaded zip file and extraction/installation worked without a hitch.  Does the fact that I was able to download via the IE browser point to something being wrong deep down in FTXC3?

Over the next week or so I will be downloading other Orbx products and will give FTXC3 another go at downloading.

Hope you found this useful.

Best wishes for the Festive Season.

Trevor

Hi Doug

Well, I'm still having problems as I attempted to download Germany North via FTXC3 but still the same issue in that the download gets interrupted at around 1.9GB of download.  I therefore did a manual download to my Download Folder  and then attempted to install via FTXC3 using 'Install from my manually downloaded.zip'.  Although this method worked for the LOWI download it does not work for Germany North - I browsed to the download folder and clicked on the zip file, I then clicked on Install and although it started the process and checked my licence, it then went to downloading the product again which of course it should not be doing! 

Thinking FTXC3 was causing the problem I found Nick Cooper's advice (27/12/2016) on how to uninstall FTXC3 and reinstall.  I did this but I am still having the same problems!  I have of course looked at your initial suggestions but still no go.  I am now at a loss as to the next step and I am anxious to get Germany North and South installed. 

I should mention that this problem only seems to have started since I converted over from P3Dv4 - P3D3 has been deleted from my system and therefore FTXC3 only shows the one sim. Could the conversion have caused a clitch somewhere?

What do you suggest as the next step to resolve this problem?

Thanks

Trevor

Hi Trevor

If FTXC3 starts to download after you point it to a manually downloaded .zip, this usually means that the .zip was either corrupt, or was the wrong .zip....did you use a download manager to acquire the manually downloaded .zip?

Also, normally, if P3Dv3 was left on your system at the same time while you were installing to P3Dv4, then FTXC3 would just copy most of the files over and only download the v4 specific files.

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug

Thanks again for getting back to me last week and apologies for not getting back to you earlier but Santa got in the way!

I use Internet Explorer for manual downloading  (as I did for LOWI which was successful).  This morning I tried downloading Germany South (FullFTXEUGES100.zip) and I have got exactly the same problem as I have with Germany North.  I downloaded manually and then via FTXC3 browsed to my download folder and clicked continue but same thing is happening in that it checks my licence but then proceeds to download all over again!  Incidentally, I did initially try downloading via FTXC3 but once it gets to about 2Gb of download it fails, hence why I had to download manually again. I have a fast broadband speed so I don't think the interrupted download I get when downloading via FTXC3, is the problem and I guess this is borne out by the fact that I can successfully download manually.

Because FTXC3 will not work properly despite reinstalling I guess there must be something else influencing it, but what step do I now take to find out what it is?

Regards

Trevor

Hi Trevor, no worries, I hope you had a good Christmas.  :)

Internet Explorer is not a download manager, and if you are getting the same error, this means your manual downloads are not successful, they are corrupted.

As I have suggested in two of my above posts.....Please use a download manager.

Please use a download manager for the below manual methods.  Browser extension download managers do not work for this. Below is a good free DL manager

https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Alternatively, you can also use a download manager (to help avoid corrupt downloads) such as IDM and do a manual download from your Orbx Direct account web page (this is where a download manager works great) and click on the account button top of page, then find and click on the product info, and in the bottom line small print there is a manual download option, down load it and save it in a named folder, then open FTXC3 and select it, and click on the orange "installation options" and select "Install from my manually downloaded .zip". as per the below links. :)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/127395-manual-download-of-products/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/125435-how-to-install-from-an-orbx-direct-downloaded-zip-file/

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug

Firstly, thanks I did have a good Christmas and hope you did too.  Happy New Year.

I have done what you suggested and downloaded 'Free Download Manager' (FDM) and downloaded both Germany North and South (I removed the previous downloads).  I then followed Nick's procedure and I am afraid to say  that I am still have the same problem in that browsing via FTXC3 to the download folder and clicking on the Zip file still produces the same result - goes into download mode after checking licence! 

I assume that I have done the right thing within the FDM settings by integrating it with Internet Explorer? It seems to work fine in that once I'm in my Orbx Account and clicked manual download on the appropriate product and then clicked save, I get the FDM window popping up with the file location and to which folder (Downloads) its downloading to. If I don't have the FDM settings set to integrate with Explorer I cannot see a URL for drag & drop? I guess I must still be doing something wrong?

Regards

Trevor

Hi Trevor

Thanks, yes Christmas was very nice...Happy New Year to you as well!

It sounds like you are doing this correctly and I am a bit baffled.....if you have a manually downloaded .zip file, maybe try extracting it into a new separate folder in a location of your choosing just for the purpose of verifying if it is corrupt or not, if it extracts successfully then it is not corrupt, and of course if it does not extract successfully then it is corrupt. 

Also I would be very tempted if I were you to try a different browser such as Google Chrome?

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug

I created a folder 'Orbx Extraction Test' and moved the zip file to it.  On extraction I got an error code 0x80004005 which according to Microsoft is a code relating to Windows XP!  Strange as I have Windows 10 which is fully up-to-date.  Microsoft's explanation reads:

This problem may occur if a file that the Windows Product Activation (WPS) requires is damaged or missing.  This behaviour occurs if one or both of the following conditions are true:

• A third-party backup utility or an antivirus program interferes with the installation of Windows XP
  • A file that WPA requires is manually modified.

Given that I don't have Windows XP or any antivirus running, except Windows Defender, I am at a loss.  I will try downloading one of the Germany files from my Account to my 'Slave PC' which is networked to my 'Master PC' and then extract over the network.  This might at least tell me whether there is anything going on with the 'Master PC'.  As you have probably guessed I don't have an in-depth knowledge of IT matters but I do have access to a professional who is a member of the Gatwick Flight Simulator Group (GFSG) and he hopefully will be able to assist in getting things running properly again. I do find FTXC3 such a useful tool and would be disappointed if I cannot use it going forward.

Regards

Trevor

Hi Trevor

In your #11 post it definitely Indicates you are still getting a corrupt download. 

Try with your UAC turned off and your antivirus turned off while using a download manager and keep trying and testing for a successful extraction.

Also have a close look in your main programs list for other antivirus/malware programs that may have been installed without your knowledge, they are sometimes packaged in with other software that gets installed.

Hi Doug

Just to give you an update. I tried with UAC at 'Never Notify' and Windows Defender 'Virus and Threat Protection' turned off.  I then tried downloading via FTXC3 but again the download was interrupted.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled FTCX3 (again!) and then tried downloading once more, but still a failure!  I have now manually downloaded (again!) Germany North _fulFTXGEN120.zip (previous download was _fulFTXGEN110.zip). I have been asked by an IT Guru not to touch the file and he will take a look tomorrow. 

I will keep you posted.

Regards

Trevor

Hi Doug

Finally resolved in that once 'Use Multiple Threads For Downloads' was ticked my IT guy was able to download via FTXC3.  His view is that the one thread FTXC3 was using failed at different times of the download process and that multiple threads enabled other threads to pick and carry on downloading.

Anyway, many thanks for your kind assistance with this problem and I'm delighted to have FTXc3 back up and running>

Regards

Trevor

Archived