Jump - A New Experience in 3D

Variometer

Hi mates,

sorry for my long absence, hope I am on a conciliatory path with my new clip.

You'll need red/blue glasses to get the full experience because the clip was created in anaglyph mode.

>http://www.vimeo.com/7757252

Cheers, Andreas

Wow! One of the coolest videos I've seen. Not only the 3D thing but the whole package with the animations. And when I saw the parachuters...  :o Didn't even know that something like that existed for FSX.

Top notch!

p.s. is there a non 3D version available? I mean, it's cool in 3D but I'd love to see it in 2D in its proper colors.

WOW Andreas ,  That was unreal mate !!  Even without the glasses , always gotta love ACDC ,  choice selection , awesome sounds ,,,,

makes me almost want to can what I,m working on  :-[  Its great to see peoples videos , the creative prowess that lurks within .. ;D  thx mate

Thanks a lot for your nice comments and for taking time to watch, even though most of you don't own the red/blue glasses. To those of you who never tried these glasses I'd like to encourage you to give them a whirl; it's so unbelievable realistic to fly over mountained regions in FSX, especially in one of those detailed 3D cockpits like the L39 or the Catalina.

From the very first moment I knew about the NVidia 3D driver I was trying to create a little video in this anaglyph technique. Because FRAPS wasn't able to record anaglyph footage, I tested almost every recording software I could get hold of. I also examined alternative 3D drivers like iz3d and tridef, and once I found a way to record, new problems arose due to the compression of the video editing programs, which generated some colour distortions.

In the end I used a combination of fraps and the tridef driver instead of the NVidea version and the results can be seen in this clip. Ironically after weeks of testing, two weeks ago a new version of fraps was released, which is capable of recording the NVidia output directly into a perfect side by side footage.

@Kingfish42 - if you create an account on vimeo you can download the original file from my vimeo page when you are logged in.

Apparently there is a great interest in a normal 2D version of this clip. Because there is no possibility to simply convert this one into a normal clip, I have to capture the whole clip again. Right at the moment I'm more than glad that I was able to finish a task at all, which has not been normal for me the last month.

Cheers, Andreas

Archived