Two runways in ENJA

MCT

Hi everyone,

does anyone know this effect of two overlaying runways? I have installed ORBX FTX, openLC Europe, ORBX NORWAY, ORBX Jan Mayen freeware.

I tried to deactivate and activate different combinations but this effect is still there. In my opinion the darker runway (their length is variing the point of view by moving the mouse) does not belong to the scenery. How can I fix it? Someone an idea?

Greetings

Manfred

ENJA_Two Runways.jpg

Hello Manfred,

I can confirm your observation and wanted to create a thread about this phenomenon within a few days.

It also occurs when you only have FTX Norway and the freeware ENJA airport installed (read: enabled). My sliders are set as per FTX Norway User Guide.

The effect is visible for the runway from both sides and occurs at least in summer and winter season  (not tested in spring and autumn).

I am running FSX (SP1+2) and no other addons installed in that isolated part of the world.

--> Actually this thread should be placed in the Orbx FTX Freeware Forum to get support from staff, but maybe one of the staff members will be so kind to shift it to that folder.

Best regards Fred

Alright Richard, thanks for responding.

I'm not going to experiment with uninstalling SP2 and installing ACC (if possible) with the chance of corrupting my FSX.

Besides, it's too cold up there in the North, I prefer warmly resorts ;)

Best regards Fred

47 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Alright Richard, thanks for responding.

I'm not going to experiment with uninstalling SP2 and installing ACC (if possible) with the chance of corrupting my FSX.

Besides, it's too cold up there in the North, I prefer warmly resorts ;)

Best regards Fred

Only ACC SP manages transparent runway. With SP2, it's broken so you see the default asphalt. SP2 is not a good SP as it's unfinished. You might experiment bad rendering with the coming scenery. There is no corruption when installing ACCeleration on an existing FSX installation.

9 hours ago, Richard Bui said:

Only ACC SP manages transparent runway. With SP2, it's broken so you see the default asphalt. SP2 is not a good SP as it's unfinished. You might experiment bad rendering with the coming scenery. There is no corruption when installing ACCeleration on an existing FSX installation.

Hello Richard,

I'll come back to your answer, but not immediately. A few busy days lying ahead.....

Cheers Fred

I have done some inventarizations and have been asking around about FSX ACCeleration.

The answers I got are very different.

Furthermore this FSX ACC version is hardly available anymore. One seller asked over 100 EUR for a new copy, second hand versions are cheaper and available.

Installation advices are different, they vary from only uninstalling SP2 and installing the ACC pack until a complete reinstallation of FSX and everything in between of it.

Furthermore there is the risk of non-matching license codes and runtime errors........all for what it is worth of course.

Of course I could make (as I am used to do) a system backup (Image) before performing this upgrade, but I have decided not to do this......

Switching to P3Dv4 is a more natural upgrade in the future......

Best regards Fred

Archived