Manchester EGCC scenery problem

EdR

I've encountered a scenery problem when selecting the start airport as Manchester UK EGCC (see attached image).  As shown in the image there is a large chunk of green ground covering the runway at a higher level than the runway and the surrounding scenery.  Other airports like Heathrow, Gatwick and Birmingham are displaying normally.

I am using all Orbx scenery products namely FTX Global Base/Vector/Open LC Europe coupled with EU England and Scotland.  I originally had EU England and Scotland and only recently added the Global products.

I am running FSX Steam Edition on PC /  Windows 7 HP / Intel  Core I5-3470 CPU @ 3.2GHz / 8GB RAM / Nvidia GTX 950 graphics card with 2GB RAM.

I have tried shutting down FSX and restarting it several times but the EGCC problem is consistently there.  Also tried uninstalling then reinstalling EU England but no joy there either. Before loading the new Global products EGCC airport looked just fine.5a2ed5e965c33_EGCCManchesterproblem.thumb.jpg.fc044fd29d36644762c45069e59d882f.jpg

I'd be grateful if ORBX Support can explain the problem and offer advice on how to resolve it.

Thanks

Ed Robertson

Thanks Nick.  That's it fixed. Can you explain to me in layman's terms what the problem was caused by, why it particularly affected EGCC and how it was fixed by disabling AEC?  That way I might learn something.

Regards

Ed

Hello,

Vector contains numerous airport elevation adjustments to make them fit with

Pilot's mesh products.

Sometimes an addon airport's elevation is not the same as the Vector elevation

so the anomalies that you saw appear.

Disabling the AEC for that airport removes Vector's influence and the airport then

displays as its developer intended.

Archived