Laptop

grager

I'm about to embark on an indefinite trip around this great country (Aus) and will therefore be relying on a laptop for communication and entertainment.

Does this mean I will have to give up my Flight Simming as it appears only 'Megga systems' will do the job?

I'm prepared to spend some money in pursuit on the objective and I'm presently considering the following specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 (3.05GHz, 8M L3 Cache

6GB/6144MB DDR3 RAM

1.5TB 7200-RPM HD

Ge Force GTX 280M 1GB/1024MB

Windows7 Premium

etc etc.

Will this work? I'm fairly low tech and I really just want to get on and enjoy the products I have purchased.

Any thoughts & suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Grager

AUGold FSS008140

AUGreen 11347

AU Red  14272

AU Blue

YPEC 25016

YSCH 14992

YWVA 17819

YMML 10876

SP3 DVD (2) 41632 etc

I have been running on a lower spec laptop than that for the past year and had no issues, please tell me who makes this laptop with the specs you listed as I am currently in the hunt for an upgrade myself. It seems higher specs than any I have seen on the market.

Well, if I were you I would buy a good normal laptop (< 1000 dollar) instead of an expensive 5000 dollar one, they are very heavy, have low endurance and have a low price/performance ratio.. just give up flightsim for some time. Then when you return from your trip spend your money on high-end desktop hardware that is available by that time and it will run fsx better than any pc of today :)

Archived