setting it up backwards?

iccantika

Kia Ora from Oregon, all.

First, please pardon if I am asking something already asked and answered.  I'm rather new to the idea forum so the search bit stymied me.

Now I have AU-Blue I'm thinking I 'need' Flight Environment X as the water supplied from Microsoft doesn't cut it for me.  Wht they chose those hues I've no idea.  I can tell you no water, saline or fresh, here in the Pacific NW looks like that...

Anyway, it seems most folks have installed UTX and FEX before installing FTX as those addons are a bit older.  Since I am doing this backward (FTX, then FEX and maybe UTX Europe and N America) and I going to harm my installation of AU-Blue or possibly FEX as long as I remember to turn off FTX before installing?

Finally, can AU-Blue be ported over to NZ?  Your textures would be a mighty improvement over MS across the Tasman...

Thanks for the time in slogging through my prose and for making the FSX world a lot more fun.

Cheers,

iccantika

Order No.  3499

Simple rule to follow:

1. FTX Mode OFF

2. Install all those other addons

3. FTX Mode ON

All the other addons using terrain.cfg etc will have their settings preserved in the FTX backup folder. Just remember to FTX Mode OFF when flying outside Australia or adding/tweaking the other addons.

Thank you!

If I were to leave AU-Blue turned on would it have any impact on the appearance of NZ (rather like VOZ for FS9 did)?  I reckon some antipodean flora would look out of place in Alsace or some such...

Regardless, thanks for a really great product.  It was well worth the wait for Blue - so much so the wait for the others will be much easier!

Cheers,

iccantika

Archived