landscape all over my airports

Jesse Veilleux

Hi Guys.

Newbie here. I am not new to FSX. Been there for over 10 years. But, I am new to "pay ware"

Last weekend I purchased NA Pacific North West. And Friday Harbor airport from ORBX. GEORGEOUS landscape from the air fellas.

Problem is:

Today I am flying around the island and I find the smaller airports are riddled with landscape, trees, hills, any types at random. I can not land on any of them.

I verified this by flying a little further North from Friday Harbor to the Canadian US Borders, there also I see landscape all over the main airports. Even the controlled airports.

What went wrong? (I used to land all over these areas before with no problems) Now I managed to land on some remote grass strips, and out of the blue I hit something "invisible" and cause a crash and my sim to reload.

How can I fix this please?

Jesse in Ontario.

Yes, up to date and installed as per my FSX Central.

My system info is this: I5-6400 (3.2 GHZ), 8 GB Ram, 64 Bit OS, 500GB Hard drive, GeForce GTX 1050 TI 4GB BDDR5 Video Ram

When I purchased pay ware from ORBX, Did it not say that I would be receiving a back-up disk also? I can't remember.

Thanks.

Would you check your scenery library entries please?

If you go to the settings page of FTX Central, you will see the insertion point tool.

Please use it to set the FTX entries as in the image below, don't forget to click on Save when you have finished.

Untitled.jpg

Hello,

this is from another topic:

Please note that the programdata folder is hidden by default in the Windows File Explorer.

If you cannot see it, please go to your Windows File Explorer view options and check

"Show hidden files, folders and drives".

Untitled.jpg

Thanks,

nothing wrong with that either.

Please try the Force Migration tool that you will find also on the FTX Central settings page.

If that still doesn't work, perhaps you could take a screen shot of one of the anomalies.

Please include the coordinates.

I will then go there and see what I see.

Unfortunately, still the same problem. trees and hills all over the airports.

My (affected) airports are Lopez Island (S31), Blankley Island (38WA), Kanaka Bay (2W4) and more to the North toward Canada Borders. It's everywhere at random except in Friday Harbor itself where I start my flight.

I don't know how to take a picture while in flight, or how to fly in non-full screen.

Hello,

to change FSX from full screen to windowed mode, press Alt and Return.

To change back to full screen, do the same again.

To capture a screen shot, the default key is V.

This will save a bmp image file in Pictures\ Flight Simulator X Files.

To view and then post a picture, open it in Paint, for example and save it in jpg format.

This makes it a much smaller file size.

Upload it to an image hosting site, Imgur is one, and then copy the image

url (address) and paste it into the post.

The forum will automatically display the image.

Archived