Default KSEA is all scrambled

aircom

Hi,

I didn't have this issue before, in the exact same configuration. But I had to reinstall Prepar3D and Orbx on a new hard drive and I think I did it like before.

When I go to KSEA (default airport from P3D), the runway is under the terrain and everything seems a mess. I have Global+OpenLc+PNW+Vector.

My only workaround is to disable the airport elevation corrections. If I run the auto-config, it places a lot of airports in the disabled list. I have to add that I have no 3rd party airports installed.

So why does it happen, although I have no issue previously. And why should I now disable KSEA aiport elevation corrections explicitely?

Thanks.

Hello,

that is not a "workaround", it is the correct configuration.

You only have to do it once and if you prefer, don't run the auto-configuration,

just disable AEC for KSEA.

For future reference, you can always create and save a profile which will store your 

settings.

KSEA is a part of PNW and as such is an addon airport.

Vector AEC is designed to make airports fit with Pilot's mesh products.

The Vector developers made a database of airports that they considered required an

Airport Elevation Correction.

KSEA must have fallen within their chosen parameters but that stops it fitting into PNW,

which has its own mesh.

Therefore it is necessary to disable the AEC to make the airport look as it should.

Archived