Lights Issues after Install Vector

Hi Martin,

the Lights Configurator only adjusts the 3D light effecs, not the ground "splashes", which are baked into ground textures.

The light bands you can see in your third (bottom) screenshot are actually those provided by openLC NA (or Germany South, if that is installed). I don't think that's what you're concerned about though.

The odd things in your first and second screenshots are the strange bright light splashes beyond the radius of high-detail landclass. In those area, both FSX and P3D load low-resolution satellite images of the globe, namely the "image_globe_{..}.bgl" files located in \Scenery\World\Scenery. I suspect you may be using a third-party add-on that replaces those files. Neither Global Vector nor any other Orbx product touches those files.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Martin,

indeed, those appear to be the P3D default image_globe files. In that case the only other reason I can think of is some unusual display setting, especially in regards to HDR lighting or shaders, something that increases color saturation and intensity. Are you using default settings or an external tool for those?

Cheers, Holger

Archived