East to West - Legs 5,6 & 7

John York

I'm lumping these three together because frankly, I don't think they are all that interesting! :(

Still, it gave me a further opportunity to try out three different aircraft that are still fairly new to me.

The legs are from Chinchilla to Roma to Mitchell to Charleville.  I didn't think there were any more to do, but all these airports (?) badly need the Orbx or OZx treatment.

There are quite a few pictures here (18).  But it is three legs worth which is only half a dozen for each ;);

This is the rear of the Tailwind

Posted Image

Side window views

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Roma looks a nice little town

Posted Image

Posted Image

Change of 'plane to releave the monotony

Posted Image

Just follow the road

Posted Image

Posted Image

I really like this Mooney

Posted Image

Looks a bit dangerous to me

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry if you were a bit bored with these, but the weather was nice, the 'planes smashing and I only hope the rest of this trip turns out a bit more interesting for you

as well as me!  The only reason you're getting them is because I promised a screenie on each leg.  Now, if you're willing to let me off, tell me.  It'll certainly save ImageShack

having trouble handling the hosting of such a lot all at one time.  ;);D

John

Thank you ImageShack - I know you struggled a bit!!

Hi Johny,

Thanks for posting these great pics - the country as depicted in FTX is hard to distinguish from how it actually looked many years ago when it had hundreds of flocks, each of thousands of sheep, and thousands of acres of grain production, instead of the coalmines and cotton which are gradually taking over.

Prime farmland is being decimated by mining activity, and indeed there are currently at least two groups of farmer/graziers manning 24/7 blockades of their properties from mining companies to protect Australia's food production, and sadly many Aussies are completely unaware of this issue  - but that's another story - my point is that what may appear boring to some has vitally interesting human stories attached, and can be quite pleasant to look at for others - if we don't like them we don't have to look - keep posting, it's all ORBX scenery and a quick way for simmers to get an appreciation of what's there and where they may venture next.

As you progress across Oz you will find, as in rl flying, that with distance, man made objects diminish in number but increase in signifigance. I have memories of, on many occasions, breathing a sigh of relief when a wind mill and tank 'turned up' in the right place, or I saw a particularly shaped paddock loom out of the dust.  :D

Thanks for that suggestion Tim.

I've chosen the toned down version in the present REX markings because I feel that in most airports they are going to be more realistic a bit used and faded.  However, I'll certainly give it a try when its released.

Tell me though.  How will they, if at all,  affect downloaded freeware and payware airports around the world, not only in Australia?

John

Archived