Weird Brown Textures

ArzaanK

I own ORBX Base, Vector and Open LC NA. Lately, I've noticed that I have very brown textures, which do not look realistic at all. For example, consider the following aerial image of Southwest Florida Airport. As you can see, there textures are very brown around the airport which does not seem too realistic for south Florida (the landclass directly around the airport is LatinVFR's landclass). In addition, the next image is on approach to KDCA, and most of the textures are very brownish.

2017-11-23_18-33-7-539.thumb.jpg.247485d53faf4d2cf85227b261ad8255.jpg2017-11-23_17-49-10-958.thumb.jpg.f4a12ff0ff0d5c613c48bad027e05f19.jpg

However, if I change the season to summer and load up the KRSW scenario from the first image, things look a little better. 

2017-11-23_18-36-18-741.thumb.jpg.dac170a540b1eb8daff9f13e235ea948.jpg

But, it seems like the issue doesn't occur anywhere. If I load up in Los Angeles in the Winter, I don't see an issue. Are these textures supposed to look like this (i.e. are they just season), or is there a problem with my ORBX textures? 

Hi, welcome to the forums

Please apply the below procedure,

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Cheers

Doug

9 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

I opened FTX Central, and there were no updates to the ORBX libraries. Below is a screenshot of my scenery library.

Capture.PNG.13968f1b22182b1f48c5b155333a7519.PNG

I believe that this is set up correctly. Then, I ran the force migration option. When I opened the sim, I was greeted with a message saying that new textures were being installed, but I don't think the issue is fixed. This is what an aerial shot of KRSW looks like after I followed the steps above. 

2017-11-24_16-59-2-121.thumb.jpg.7434d6c045d944428dd1c406e0611be5.jpg

Is there a problem with my ORBX textures, or is this just what its supposed to look like in late November? If I do have a problem, what else can I do to fix it short of a full reinstall? 

Archived