Scenery loads rather slowly, sometimes not much at all (openLC NA, Pacific Northwest)

BirdDog2043

Hi, I'm a little confused as to why this is happening because I believe that I have the hardware specs that should be capable of showing off some gorgeous scenery.

I just bought the Pacific Northwest addon and I have openLC NA and the base pack installed as well, but my scenery seems to load very slowly. The screenshots show what I'm talking about, sometimes my screen is full of nice trees and buildings and other times it's bleh. Discovered this on my first scenic flight to check out this scenery.

Are there some settings I can tweak to fix this or am I out of luck?

Specs:

i7 7700k 4.2 ghz

GTX 1080ti

16gb of RAM

Thanks

20171123113628_1.jpg

20171123113636_1.jpg

20171123114043_1.jpg

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Thank you for the VC images.

Perhaps try limiting your frame rate to say 24 and see if the results are any better.

If you are trying to illustrate a problem with scenery, may I suggest that an image of the scenery would be

of more help than a view from inside.

Key F11 is the shortcut to the locked spot view or key F10, the cockpit view.

If your aircraft has a 2D cockpit, you can remove that by pressing Shift +1.

Seems I made a mistake here, my hopes aren't high but going to see if I can get my money back here. openLC is great, and just about everything else I've bought from ORBX is great. Scenery takes forever to load while in sim, blurry textures, and a nasty frame rate just isn't what I had hoped for with this "upgrade" with PNW and Northern Rockies

Archived