[Germany South] Black bars near EDDS on P3D v4

rafaelmartins

Hi,

I was flying from LIRN to EGSS and while passing by KUNOD, near to EDDS I noticed a big black bar in the scenery (see attached image). The sim quickly started dropping FPS and CTD.

I repeated the flight and got same results, then started debugging, by disabling scenery one by one. Tried EDDS, no luck. Tried Freemesh X, no luck. Then got to ORBX Germany South, problem solved!

I don't know what is going on, can you please help?

P.S.: If this topic is duplicated, please let me know. I could not find anything on my search.

Thanks!

Hi there,

that's a known issue with a rogue flatten polygon and will be fixed in the upcoming GES service pack: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/142550-landschaftsprobleme-germany-south/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-1258948

However, I very much doubt that this has anything to do with your CTD given that it's simply an incorrect elevation value. Obviously, FTX Germany adds a lot of new content to the sim so your PC may be reaching its capacity. The GES control panel has a number of features that can be deactivated to help with performance and VRAM usage.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the info.

Well, I'm sure that the CTD is related to the issue, and I could reproduce the CTD, on the very same conditions. The sim started dropping frames exactly when this thing appeared, and it got to a point where the sim just crashed. It is an i7-6700 with Geforce GTX 1070, It can definitely handle the ORBX products properly.

Archived