Textures messed up?

thevanquish

Hi all,

I have FTX Global, OpenLC Europe and Vector installed.

However, when flying over Europe, the textures are messed up. It seems P3D display either the correct textures, and a but a bit further again the old textures? It is a bit messed up. Also, sometimes roads just stop and continue afterwards. As I cannot upload any images (returns 'There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200'), I have uploaded them here: https://imgur.com/a/uC2kj

I have the libs installed, FTX central says everything is fine and up to date. I have no clue what's wrong...

Any idea's?

Thanks

Andreas,

Hello Andreas,

you should not upload images in any case, using an image hosting site is the way.

If you link to the image address instead of the Imgur page, it will appear in the post.

wJgpB9u.jpg

The textures don't look very messed up, have you tried looking at Google Earth at the same place?

It is not uncommon to see tiles with roads on them next to tiles with no roads.

They are not supposed to be accurate roads except for the Vector ones.

As you can see, they tend to slice through everything.

If you can produce a screen shot and include its coordinates, we can see where it is and attempt a comparison.

Hi Nick,

thanks for the update. To show you what I mean I took some extra screenshots with coordinates, all in the brussels airport area (see below). In general I see 2 problems:

1. I have the impression that there are very abrupt texture transitions. I've taken some shots in winter as in this season the problem is the most noticeable.  The greenish textures seems to be correct (also trees are placed correct), however there are sudden changes to yellowish textures. In the latter sometimes road disappear and the trees seems to be placed randomly. That is why I suspect these are textures which do not belong here.
  2. Highways / main roads sometimes suddenly become  'grass roads'...

(high res images: https://imgur.com/a/tylE7)

Andreas

1.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

road.jpg

Here is one.

yWpC6m2.jpg

This is what it should look like in FTX Global Base, Open LC Europe and Vector.

Untitled.jpg

I would say that none of the products is installed and working.

This is the satellite image and it shows me that you have an addon airport here.

Where did that come from please?

Untitled1.jpg

Archived