EGPB Sumburgh CTD P3Dv4.1

Wolf0

Hello all.

I was flying towards EGPB today and had a CTD on approach, about 10nm out.

While investigating the issue I found that the "ambient sounds" are causing this CTD on my setup. By disabling them via the control panel the scenery loads fine.

Can some one from the development team check if they can reproduce this issue?

I have several other Orbx sceneries and regions that load without issues, as well as sceneries from other developers. My issue is with this particular airport.

I don't know if this helps, but during approach I saw a black rectangle on my EGPWS "terrain on ND" display while approaching EGPB from the West. It was adjacent to the islands, over water. The scenery itself was fine, with no visual flaws. I didn't modified any file and I had everything working 100% using P3Dv3...

My conditions:

P3Dv4.1 + FSLabs A320 or Default F22 (happens with both);

Win7, i7 4790k @4.4, 16GB DDR3, 980Ti

Latest Orbx FTX central with everything updated

Best regards,

Pedro Carvalho

On 11/15/2017 at 10:33 AM, Wolf0 said:

My conditions:

P3Dv4.1 + FSLabs A320 or Default F22 (happens with both);

Win7, i7 4790k @4.4, 16GB DDR3, 980Ti

Latest Orbx FTX central with everything updated

Best regards,

Pedro Carvalho

Just wondering!  Have you tried a "less detailed" aircraft from your "defaults" on that approach.  I usually use the 300 to test any scenery issues or crashes.  I see no reason why EGPB  is causing the CTD.

8 hours ago, Lawrence Hickerson said:

Just wondering!  Have you tried a "less detailed" aircraft from your "defaults" on that approach.  I usually use the 300 to test any scenery issues or crashes.  I see no reason why EGPB  is causing the CTD.

Hello.

Yes, that was one of the things I tested. Especially because of the advanced sound system of the FSLabs A320. The fact is that the problem happens with the default aircraft as well.

I'm puzzled with this issue since I have zero issues on dozens of different sceneries either Orbx or non-Orbx. That's why I raised this question: something could have gone wrong with some file while the developers were migrating the scenery to P3Dv4 and it would be easy to find out what went wrong.

If I'm the only one with this issue then naturally it's my system fault (and not a deal breaker, far from it). Although I've uninstalled and re-installed the scenery and the problem remains...

I would first try uninstalling all of EGPB via OrbxDirect.  Do a complete shutdown and restart of your system.  Fly into EGPB without the ORBX EGPB installed.  Shutdown again.  Do a new download of EGPB via OrbxDirect.  Test again.

Interesting to find out why?  Our systems are pretty much the same.  Love this airport in v4.1.

Yes, I just tried loading Sumburgh with Ambient Sounds enabled using the default Maule, and CTD.  Disabled Ambient Sounds, and everything

loads just fine.  Good catch on the Ambient Sounds.

I haven't flown to Sumburgh since I got v4 (so many Orbx airports, so little time to fly), but it was working fine in FSX.

My specs for reference: P3Dv4.1,  I5 2500K @ 4.2 ghz,  EVGA 980 SC 4gb,  Win 7.

Just thought I would mention.

Thanks - Bob

18 hours ago, Lawrence Hickerson said:

I would first try uninstalling all of EGPB via OrbxDirect.  Do a complete shutdown and restart of your system.  Fly into EGPB without the ORBX EGPB installed.  Shutdown again.  Do a new download of EGPB via OrbxDirect.  Test again.

Interesting to find out why?  Our systems are pretty much the same.  Love this airport in v4.1.

I did that prior to posting the problem here.

There are only two options here:

1) There's something wrong with the "ambient sounds" and Prepar3D v4.1;

2) There's some incompatibility with my current setup because of some leftover from my previous P3Dv3 installation.

I had this scenery working fine on P3Dv3. When P3Dv4.1 came out I formatted my D: drive (where P3D and Orbx stuff go) and installed the new simulator. Then downloaded the FTX central and installed every scenery/region I own. But I didn't format C: (Windows). I admit the academic possibility of some leftover from the previous installation of the Orbx stuff to be there and somehow interfering with this new version. Although I find that unlikely mostly because this is my single problem with the new setup. All other sceneries (Orbx and non-Orbx) are working faultless.

Plus, we now have another report of this problem. So it's not a problem happening only on my setup.

17 hours ago, BBCM said:

Yes, I just tried loading Sumburgh with Ambient Sounds enabled using the default Maule, and CTD.  Disabled Ambient Sounds, and everything

loads just fine.  Good catch on the Ambient Sounds.

That being said, is there some developer who would care to run this case on their computer and report the results?

I had this scenery working fine on P3Dv3. When P3Dv4.1 came out I formatted my D: drive (where P3D and Orbx stuff go) and installed the new simulator. Then downloaded the FTX central and installed every scenery/region I own. But I didn't format C: (Windows). I admit the academic possibility of some leftover from the previous installation of the Orbx stuff to be there and somehow interfering with this new version. Although I find that unlikely mostly because this is my single problem with the new setup. All other sceneries (Orbx and non-Orbx) are working faultless.

Been there twice!  Everything goes to different places.  I even had both up at the same time.  And.................. of course that was disastrous.  I have found that loading any different version (2, 3, or 4) without fully cleaning up the registry and by-products like aircraft and scenery will also get things whacky.    Recommend CCcleaner for the registry issues.

There is no simple shortcuts without some issue popping up now or later.  I was so whacked out by 4.1 and windows 10 update that I "restored my system" and started from scratch.

Much better.

Wishing you some sane moments of flying.

Larry

Archived