Central Rockies / Northern Rockies Installs don't complete

Eagle Spirit

Hi Nick,

I purchased them yesterday. They went to 76%, then seemed to freeze up/stop. This is a real pain in the "arse". After long downloads of 1 1/2 hrs or so each, then have two freeze up? I've spent nearly the entire day trying to download and install, on a good internet connection. Not what I paid for! Will I purchase more regions in the future? Doubtful. Not user friendly. 

Pac. Northwest:59f79e4c75475

N. Central Rockies:59f7d0bd3c005

S. Alaska:59f7c3b911fb1 

P. Fjords:59f7bd04dea7c

N. Rockies:59f7bb8d82c62

Now when I try to resume and finish the download for N. Cent. Rockies and N. Rockies, it says "you don't have a license for this product in your OrbxDirect acct. I've logged back into my account. At 12:39 AM, I've restarted Central Rockies and it's at 44%. 27:00 min. into DL. 12:50 AM /77%. / 1:30 min and counting down. OORAH! Central completed. Now lets try N. Rockies, lol. 1:07 AM / 27% 31:00 min. and counting down. 1:24 AM / 15:00 min / 54% counting down. 1:43 AM OORAH - MISSION COMPLETE!!

WOULD YOU EXPLAIN WHAT THE ISSUE MIGHT HAVE BEEN?

WTH? This is one reason I have shy'd away from purchasing your products.I have a very busy career in the military (Battalion command), and really can't spare much time for "flight", let alone time in forums. I wasn't aware that your products are so much trouble. Just saying like it is Orbx! Lets hope these regions are as pleasing / immersive as you advertise.

Hoping you can get this straightened out for me.

Regards, Col. Scott Gordon Mitchell USMC

Hi Scott, I sympathise with you because I have experienced exactly the same issue. It seems top happen when downloading/installing large sceneries. There could be several reasons why this happens, including anti virus or Windows defender preventing the download/install. What I do is manually download the zip, save to it's own folder and then manually install. Here are some instructions... Go to your account in >Orbx Direct>   find your product, go to   >product owned> click >view order details> click on >manual download> then don't open the zip file but save it to a folder somewhere, I have folders named with the relevent scenery. Then open FTX Central in the same way and go to install the product. You will have three choices, the one to choose is the one at the top of the options which says, install from a manually downloaded file. Voila :D

Hi Colonel, I am not nearly as busy as you must be but want to thank you for posting that as I am thinking of buying some more regions. Thanks to Howard too for pointing out the solution. 

"Rock/AOB",

Hi Fella's,

As stated above, I restarted the downloads, did the dance and eventually they installed, however, I had a 4:00AM Battalion 5 mile run to lead. Needless to say, with little sleep because of the downloads, it kicked my arse!,

Regards, Eagle

Archived