P3D v41 Lag on view change

CaptainGabe

Hello all! 
First, just would like to say thank you, I am enjoying the Base OpenLC and look forward to getting the North America one next. 

My only issue is that when I switch between views, say Tower > Spot as the normal view cycle is in the sim, I have intense moments of lag from what I can only guess is caused by the sim rendering the autogen/mesh below. I am not sure how to fix this as the lag continues until it finishes loading the terrain below.

Basic Specs:

i7-4790k @ 4.0 NO OC
RX 480 8GB
20GB Ram

Thank you!

Hi Captain .... welcome to the forums! The general rule here is to put one order number in your signature .... so, if you have a moment ... B)

You don't say whether this is FSX or P3D, but they're both similar in that the first time you visit an area the sim has to build up its shaders cache. Do you keep getting this lag on repeated scrolling around in the same area? Quite often, the tower can be located a fair way away from your aircraft, so the sim has to render two areas of autogen (and switch between the two) - you'll find the same problem if you switch to a different tower or an AI aircraft.

Other than generally taking your autogen settings down a notch, I don't think there'ds much you can do about it, IMHO.

Adam.

3 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Hi Captain .... welcome to the forums! 

Hey Adam!

thanks for the reply, I’m on my phone and away from home, will update ASAP!

this is in P3D v4.1. 

I narrowed down the problem to it being the auto gen. Only solution for now is to completely turn off auto gen. I had tried lowering but to no use. 

Yes, I do get the same lag after flying around the same area. 

Before my orbx install, my autogen slider was nearly full and I never had the problem. 

I have the “empty scenery cache on exit.” Checked, should I uncheck it? 

Also, I have the latest Orbx library installed. 

Thanks!

gabriel 

Archived