Orbx FTX Base will not install

Peter32427

Hi Guys,

I’m having problems trying to load FTX Base.  I originally purchased it from Flight Sim Store about 2 years ago - FSS0435206.   I successfully installed it on what is now an old Win7 64 bit computer. I’ve just upgraded to Win 10 64 bit and am trying to install it on my new computer.

I’m trying to install it into P3D v3.4.

I’ve re-downloaded the Zip file OK on to my new computer and extracted it to a folder on my C: drive.  I’ve run the exe file:

OrbxFTXGlobalBase140.exe. The file is dated 5 Oct 2015.

I extracted it using  7-Zip.  I have masses of disk space on my computer and I also have Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0 or greater installed.

The Base wrapper wizard opens OK and it un-wraps OK.  It then runs the installer, but appears to freeze regardless of how long I leave it. The Wrapper is from Flight Sim Store v2.2.

I get a box which says ‘Do not click finish until the installer has completed’.  But how do I know when it has completed? By clicking OK, it goes to a new box saying ‘Orbx FTX Global Wrapper now completed processing’.

A new box appears – FTX Global Base Set-up.  Clicking next opens FTX Central v3.2.1.1.

If I close that it copies and makes back-up files.

It then does various other things like location etc, but

Then it asks me to insert Disk 1???

Now I’m confused!!

Help!!

Could it be that the version of the files I'm using are out of date?

Peter

FSS0435206

FTX-Freze.jpg

FTX-Disk.jpg

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your help.  I was aware of the Flight Sim Store FAQ.  As far as I'm concerned I've done everything correctly (but clearly not!).

From my observations the wrapper freezes - the green bar only gets about 90% across.

I've let it sit for an hour, but still the green bar never progresses!

I'm running a Chillblast Nimbus 3 computer with an I7-7700K processor and masses of disk space, so processing power and space should not be a problem.

Still stuck!

Regards,

Peter

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply.  The wrapper still freezes at about 80% and does not complete.  I've tried it with my anti virus off, but it makes no difference.

I've contacted FSS for their help.  According to their website, the wrapper freezing at about 80% was an event that did occur from time to time, but back in 2015 they could not identify why.

Can't I just get a current orbx wrapper that works and get on with things?

Regards,

Peter

• 6 months later...

Ciao,

i bought from FSS the Global LC Europe with order FSS0433889 and wanted to reinstall it in P3D.

Actually I´m having the same issue (to me wrapper is asking for Disk 7). I didn t close the wrapper before installing as requested.

I tried to migrate the licence to Orbx following the procedure from the ACCOUNT page, but I didn´t receive any confirmation or mail from FSS so far.

It´s quite a pity because the migration seemed to have solved the problem for Peter.

Should i contact FSS for the licence migration or can it be managed by ORBX staff too?

Thanks for support

Alessandro

Ciao Nick,

thanks for the supersonic answer.

Yes, the FSS License Transfer has already been requested. I´ll wait a couple of days for the answer by FSS, it seems it has to be processed manually and it can take some days

Keep you informed on the results :)

Thank you

Alessandro

Archived