Nightmare!

defreitj

Hello and thank you for allowing me access. This is my nightmare. I bought the three products and they were "installed" somehow! Installed in a Dell Inspiron 5675 with Ryzen 7 1700x; 32GB RAM; AMD RX 580 video card. I use FSX Deluxe Edition. I ran into video issues which Dell, AMD, and Microsoft "blamed" the other guy. So, to resolve the issue I re-installed FSX and now ORBX does not "show up" With all sincerity, I wish, not to "P" anyone off, but how do I reinstall the products, please? I have downloaded the the three products manually, (against the wishes of ORBX) due to the bandwidth consumption concerns and now have the .zip files with me. I have no clue as to the next step. Please, understand that I read a few comments which have caused me some concern about asking for help. If I am in the wrong forum, allow me to apologize. If you can provide instructions on how to recover the products I would be most appreciative and willing to compensate, within reasonable rates, for a resolution. Thank you for any assistance you may wish to afford me. Cheers!

First, welcome to the forum!  You'll get plenty of help here and I'm sure a mod will chime in soon.  Not to worry.  The first thing that comes to my mind is do you have FTX Central installed on your PC?  Everything is done through it.

You'll be up and running soon, this is a great place with a lot of very helpful people.

Best regards.

Jack

Thank you very much Jack, for such a quick response. I appreciate it. Yes, I do have FTX Central installed but I have no clue as to the next step. Do I run it, simply, and it will do its "magic" like the first time and does it re-install the three products?

Sincerely,

John (jd)

Just now, defreitj said:

Thank you very much Jack, for such a quick response. I appreciate it. Yes, I do have FTX Central installed but I have no clue as to the next step. Do I run it, simply, and it will do its "magic" like the first time and does it re-install the three products?

Sincerely,

John (jd)

Hi John, yes, I'd run it and let it do its "magic" and see what happens.  FTX Central is beautifully programmed to make installation and updating a breeze.  

Damn, you're good! I appreciate the assistance. I will run it now, then, and let you know how it turns out. Please bear with me because I am not familiar with forums and navigation and it is embarrassing when I have to search the site for my own question let alone the responses. I bumped into your reply while searching. Thanks again, Jack.

Sincerely,

jd

Any time John, and you can PM (Private Message) me too if you have any questions, I love to help people as well as I'm able.  To do that simple click on my profile name and click on the envelope icon, anyone else's works the same way.

Good luck, looking forward to your results.

Archived